cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral has not come through?

abbigalececcato
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My brother has now been a user for a full month and he used my referral code when he signed up.  However, I have not gotten the credit, nor have I gotten any the discount either?  I have been using public since Dec of 2020.  How can I get this problem solved?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

yes it has, I just got one last week woohoo!

@darlicious   Exactly, but I did get a text (confirming a referral I knew was coming) on this past Monday after the latest maintenance on the system.

@Quigley 

So I would say they can't be counted on to ensure a referral code has been used.

@darlicious  The texts must be sporadic then, because I got one on Mar 31 when I referred myself.

@Quigley 

My last referral was March 29th and no text was recieved. This is why I am questioning the timeline.

@darlicious  Yes the referral text has returned during that time frame. Confirmed recently.

@stevenanto 

Has the referral text from pm returned? If it has ( recently?) was it within the time frame the OP has said the the referral occurred?

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When someone uses your referral code you get a text from public mobile. It says chaching you just got a referral.....

Have you received this text.

@abbigalececcato 

As mentioned by @Spudster did your brother recieve the $10 bonus credit? If yes does your referral code contain one's or "i"'s, two's or "z"'s or zero's or "o"'s? These can all be easily misread and/or mistyped when entering the referral code. Copy and paste your referral code and send it to your brother to send to the moderators to see if they can fix the referral code entered during his activation. Have him also give the last 4 digits of your phone number for comparison with what has been entered in his account for the referral. If he does not have a referral bonus credit he can just have the moderators add your referral code.

@BKNS27 

The referral code bonus credit takes a maximum of 72 hours to show up in the account. The $1 referral reward shows up immediately after activation in the referrers reward section of their account.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@abbigalececcato 

Your brother can also confirm that HE received the $10 credit for using a referral code on his activation.

He would have noticed it would have reduced the amount he needed to pay for his first (or 2nd) renewal if he possibly signed up with a "2nd month free" promotion.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@abbigalececcato 

Click on the SIMon chat bubble and ask to contact a moderator to look into your issue.

It normally takes about 3 weeks for the credit.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@abbigalececcato 

Your brother will have to contact the moderators to ensure the correct referral code was entered during his activation process.

Check your "my rewards" section to see if you are receiving the $1 per cycle credit against your plan amount.   If not, the moderators may be able to help - however if it's been too long, they may not be able to apply it.   

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.