cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Code

Linh1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I used the referral code of my friend when activating my phone plan. It says I will have the discount in the second month. Next week I will have to pay the fee for the second month, and I haven't received anything from the referral code. Does anyone have the same problem?

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Linh1

Are you asking about the $10 bonus referral credit when you use your friend's referral code? Or are you asking about the second 30 days free promotion when you register your email with publuc mobile?

If its the latter its normally automatically applied within 30 days....so it could be applied on the 30th day. Generally with these promos it had been applied 5 business days after the activation period ends which is today making next friday the likely day for it to be applied. But this was a long promotional activation period making it possible for those who activated in the first day or two to be missed if this principle is applied. If not recieved by day 29 of your cycle contact the moderators to apply it or confirm its set to apply just before renewal.

If its the former then ignore me and just listen to all the members posting before me....

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Linh1 

Confirm that your friend is an active Public Mobile customer and when contacting the moderators to provide them his referral number, it's best to copy/paste his number into the communication that you are sending the moderators.

There have been issues with interpreting zeros and o's as the opposite character.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Linh1 wrote:

I used the referral code of my friend when activating my phone plan. It says I will have the discount in the second month. Next week I will have to pay the fee for the second month, and I haven't received anything from the referral code. Does anyone have the same problem?

I would log into your self-serve and check to see if there is anything in your Available Funds.  It will show the full price of your renewal, and at renewal time it will convert any rewards you have earned into available funds and apply that to your payment before you are required to top up the remaining amount

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Linh1 it sounds like you have activated  for 3 weeks already. 

Did you friend who referred you also see the $1 discount on his account?

I suggest you to try open a ticket with Mod to confirm: 

To open a ticket with mod, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button,

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Linh1 wrote:

If you used a referral code, the $10 credit will show up in self service within 72 hours in Available Funds after activation.

If it has been more than 72 hours and still no $10 credit contact a moderator.

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.