cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend reward

Momphone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I pay for 3 accounts with Public Mobile and have not cancelled any of them, I did change our address on our profiles yesterday.

I received this text today:

"Public Mobile here. So sorry, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment as one of your friends has left us. See the details at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca."

How do I make sure I am still getting the proper rewards?

25 REPLIES 25

@darlicious 

As for my loss of a referral and the text announcing it, My account just renewed and it didn’t come back during renewal like it did the only other time I lost an account. So the referral could still be in lost/stollen or suspended but having received the “sorry, you lost a friend referral” text on this one…. I think they have left me! I’m trying not to hit the alcohol too hard but it is Saturday night.

AE_Collector

@Zyl 

Nothing surprises me around here anymore....except maybe the roll out going perfectly smooth!🤣🤣🤣

@Zyl wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

It's starting to look like the bizarro world around here.....pm might regret the timing of the roll out of the newly updated community. What weird glitches will befall next?!!

The rollout is for the Community forum.  Should that affect our user accounts as well?  

No, it shouldn't affect, they are not related, it's a Community only upgrade I think.  

But I think what @AE_Collector  was saying is the timing.  We have see couple weird issues reported since Jan 1.  (referral magically gone, a $40/10 days plan for over 1.5 years, etc).. just find it weird, PM support and technicians have lots to work on this week , on both Self-Serve and Commuity

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Momphone wrote:

I pay for 3 accounts with Public Mobile and have not cancelled any of them, I did change our address on our profiles yesterday.

"Public Mobile here. So sorry, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment as one of your friends has left us. See the details at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca."

I would send a Private Message to the Customer Service of Public Mobile with CS_Agent in the "To" field for them to investigate further.  If none of your referred accounts have left Public Mobile then you should indeed receive $1 refer-a-friend reward for each account that you referred to Public Mobile.    

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

It's starting to look like the bizarro world around here.....pm might regret the timing of the roll out of the newly updated community. What weird glitches will befall next?!!

The rollout is for the Community forum.  Should that affect our user accounts as well?  

@AE_Collector 

Using lost/stolen causes the $1 reward and the phone number to disappear.

@softech wrote:

I think with text likely meant the friend already gone, either ported out or suspended for 90 days already

That was my guess as well. The only thing I can compare to was having once before received the text but all numbers were still in place in my list. I think the total referral reward $ had dropped by $1 though. I contacted a CSA then just to get a better understanding of that scenario. CSA just said “a referred customer didn’t renew” but wouldn’t give any additional info. My renewal was about a week away. On renewal night nothing had changed, total down $1 but no missing numbers. Referral went through giving me the full reward $ and was back to normal afterwards.

Maybe my curiosity is going to cause me to contact a CSA again.

AE_Collector

@Momphone 

Sounds like you got a newbie agent but your ticket has been escalated and @J_PM should check in on it as this should not be happening given the referrals are your own family.

That being said there has been a slew of very strange glitches being reported recently. Have a little patience for PM as they sort thru this quagmire of glitches. They will make it right in the end.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Momphone 

• you need re-send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,
  • take a screenshot of your Refer-A-Friend code from each account and Explain your issue to them can solve your issue,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

@Momphone wrote:

it seems my case has been escalated and I should hear something in about 2 weeks!!! .

@Momphone 

Did they say 2 weeks?  It shouldn't take that long

They tried to tell me that had set up the referrals was one that does not belong to me. Ridiculous as I have had the same phone number for decades. I am about fed up with PM.

Just reply them and tell them you are the one paying the 2 accounts.  You have the credit card you are using the pay the 2 accounts to prove.  Just push them for further investigation.  Don't give up.  Probably it was just a mixed up.  PM is usually very understand and fair.  They are not playing trick to remove your friend referrals , no worry.

Momphone

Since I only have 2 referrals, both my children who I pay the accounts for. That does not seem to be the case for me. After two days of ridiculous run around with Customer Service it seems my case has been escalated and I should hear something in about 2 weeks!!! They tried to tell me that had set up the referrals was one that does not belong to me. Ridiculous as I have had the same phone number for decades. I am about fed up with PM.

I think with text likely meant the friend already gone, either ported out or suspended for 90 days already

@AE_Collector 

Or your referral suspended their account via lost/stolen. In my experience of the one recent referral that I lost at my own hand I did not recieve a text telling me I had lost a referral.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Last night at 9 PM sharp (Pacific Time) I too got one of the texts:

Public Mobile here. So sorry, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment as one of your friends has left us.

After having read this topic earlier and @darlicious mentioned having received a bogus “lost a friend” text so I just ignored it. Today I decided to take a look and sure enough one of my accounts is down a referral and a number has vanished from my list. I keep records of all known referrals but unfortunately the number that has vanished is an unknown person who has been around since February 2020. 

A year ago or so I got the same text but no numbers were missing then from my referral list and by renewal time I got the proper amount so it must have just been a temporary lack of payment. But this time the number is gone so I’m guessing this isn’t going to reverse itself by next renewal. It is my first loss of a referral in over 3 years here! It’s been a good run! 

AE_Collector

maybe this is a much needed upgrade so the Community has the capacity to  accept the upcoming increasing number of posts due to glitch in the Self Serve????

or some new plans and reward just leaked out too early?  10 days plan and the removal or Friend Referral reward?  

@AE_Collector 

@Momphone   did you ever suspend  your account via Lost/Stolen ?

Anyway , open a ticket with PM Support, I believe this is something easy to ask back.  They can manually link those accounts back to you and give you back the referral rewards

Maybe Y2K is actually 2022, not 2000. Yesterday $40 plan became a 10 day plan and now @Momphone has lost her two referrals that she pays the bill for each month so knows they are still PM customers. Sort of sounds like something messed up or was misinterpreted with the address change. I cant recall PM having MY address, it’s prepaid service. Do they or is it not a street address we are talking about? Maybe an email address or credit card billing address? There is likely a connection between the changes made and this text unless a complete coincidence. Sounds to me as though you should run it past a CSA to have a look at your account.

AE_Collector

@Momphone 

@Momphone wrote:

Thank you for all your responses. When I check my refer-a -friend rewards screen there are no numbers listed. As I mentioned in my last post. I pay for 3 accounts and 2 of those should be listed there, as these are my children and I have not suspended, cancelled or ported their numbers to another provider.

Did you receive $2/month friend referrals from previous payments on your account?  Maybe a glitch happened when you changed address.  Unusual though.  

You may need to contact customer service agent to check.  Click on chat icon on right lower corner of website.  Type: missing rewards.  Follow prompts to submit ticket for moderator response.  

Momphone

Thank you for all your responses. When I check my refer-a -friend rewards screen there are no numbers listed. As I mentioned in my last post. I pay for 3 accounts and 2 of those should be listed there, as these are my children and I have not suspended, cancelled or ported their numbers to another provider.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Momphone wrote:

@Momphone  - that message probably means one of the friends you referred ported out of Public Mobile to another provider, or they have been in suspended, non-pay status for more than 90 days.

Check with any of your referrals to see if that is the case, and see if your Refer-A-Friends rewards list is accurate on your Self Serve account.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Momphone 

To check the rewards, log into your self-serve screen, then tap on the My Rewards section.

Once there, click on the right facing triangle the the left of the words "Total Rewards earned".

This will display the phone numbers (last four digits) of friends you have referred.

Looks like this screen:

HALIMACS_1-1641131600384.png

@Momphone 

By chance did you briefly suspend one of these accounts via lost/stolen?

On another note I recieved the same message today so it could just be an errant text from 9pm.

@Momphone wrote:

Check if all the refer-a-frend rewards are still listed by following the instructions in the message to go into your Self Serve account. If they're all stil there, ignore the message.

Need Help? Let's chat.