cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommend PM $39 Plan Switch?

IW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My daughter is currently with Koodo. I see PM is offering the $39 20G special rate. I was thinking of suggesting to her to switch over but want to make sure that it’s reliable. I only use PM for making calls & texting on the $15 plan. I don’t use data so can’t attest to its reliability and don’t want to have her switch over then be disappointed. I’m a senior who is not tech savvy so any advice would be appreciated. 

11 REPLIES 11

jordany
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile has many rewards and incentives. Service should be quite similar to Koodo when speaking of data and call/text. Customer service experience will be quite different however. Any difficulties faced may have faster response by Koodo and their CSR's. PM has this community and support ticket/dm to cs agents as the primary source of technical support (which may be frustrating to some)

Rollouts of changes or promotions are a little more difficult to keep track of unless actively on top of it. 

Kaizdon1

I've been with PM since last year and so far data has been reliable, I personally have not experienced any issues yet. It will also depend on where the individual is located for service strength.

Here is PM's coverage map: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable

is that oracle mimmo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow I'm not the original poster,  I replied to the thread. Waiting for my original community account to be reinstated.

hi @Anonymous support is different and not everyone like the all online support model. Your daughter is young and maybe she is ok

PM is certainly cheaper with the rewards but again it comes with a price (support modrl)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow I was referencing the other differences/benefits in pm vs other providers. ( Customer support model, long distance options, roaming, reeards, and other differences. ) I think all should be considered especially since the prices are the same

Anonymous
Not applicable

@IW 

if she's with koodo. Koodo is also offering the same deal. I suggest not to switch as PM is a diy service provider. its not a plug and play company. please do your due diligence and research first. if she is one who just wants her phone to work then this is not the place for her 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Anonymous it is now almost as good as Koodo!!

used to be the difference is that voice as we use 3G for voice but Koodo uses VoLTE

Now, depends on your phone.  What phone do you have? Some phones can VoLTE here but not all

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pm uses same toweres as koodo so there should not be any issues with service reliability.

There are still differences though re services (roaming , customer support long distance etc). Most tier two providers have same offer. PM has its benefits and drawbacks  so ensure that she does her research before switching.

IW

Thanks so much! 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@IW  Yes it exact same towers and as Koodo as it all under the Telus umbrella and don’t forget to use your referral code to save her $10 and you $1 or 1point each month depending on the rewards you have 

add I’m on that plan now myself 

Need Help? Let's chat.