cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recieve Failed.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is the Flip Phone of one of my Friend Referrals, it's on the basic $15 • 250mb Plan. 

Someone sent it a picture, and every 24 hours it says 'Recieve Failed', we have pressed 'Exit and tried to Delete the message but every 24 hours it comes back up saying 'Recieve Failed' once again..

How can I stop this from happening? This phone is for a senior therefore this is going to be off-putting to them when they think something is failing all the time.. 

Would putting the SIM Card into an iPhone to receive the Picture work, than put it back into the Artphone? Would that stop this Recieve Failed notification?

Screenshot_20230810_004811_Gallery.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

If you can get the APN settings out of it and show us then maybe we can see something.

Adding - it might also help if you can get the full model number

Priority

Still showing up everyday, I even tried putting the SIM Card into an iPhone for a while so it downloads there, but that didn't work. 

I'm gonna wipe this flip phone to factory settings. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried turning off wifi and just leaving data on then try to download the message?  Does the phone have any MMS settings?   I assume you've tried rebooting the phone?

Priority

Data is on by default, yes.

@Priority 

check the APN settings, and see if you can set it like this (this is settings from another clamshell phone):

name: Public Mobile 
Access name: sp.mb.com
Auth type: None
Protocol: HTTP
HOME Url: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mmsc
Proxy Address: 74.49.0.18:80
Linger TIme (Sec.): 300
"Advanced" to be left untouched.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Priority