cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving USA Calls

pamandshawn4749
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why I cannot receive USA calls on my new Public plan ?

16 REPLIES 16

@HALIMACS wrote:

@pamandshawn4749 

You'll only be able to receive calls from ANYWHERE in the world if you are physically in Canada with your Public Mobile device.  That is, unless you've purchased a US Roaming add-on and are within the USA.

Yes. Incoming calls from anywhere in the world to anywhere in Canada. Outgoing calls from anywhere in Canada to anywhere in Canada (or to other countries, if you have the necessary long distance add-on minutes).

Always login to Self-Serve and check your account status. If the account status is good but these calls are failing then reboot your phone (especially after new activation, changing a plan, or porting a number). Make sure the phone software settings aren't blocking the country or the caller.

@pamandshawn4749 wrote:

About 4hours

@pamandshawn4749   you are receiving other incoming calls?

I would wait til Day 3 before worry it.  After porting, most big Canadian providers would be able to route the call to the new provider without issue.  However, small and VoIP providers will take a day or as many as 3 days.  Similar thing happen with Long distance calls.  So, I am pretty sure the US calls will start coming within 3 days.  Just need to wait a bit

@pamandshawn4749 

Only 4 hours here... did you reply "YES" to the port authorization text if moving your number here from elsewhere?

If NOT, you'll need to reinitiate the port process.   I can send you a number to call if you DID NOT reply YES to the PAT (port authorization text) within the required 90 minute time-frame.

pamandshawn4749

About 4hours

pamandshawn4749

I am in Canada.

pamandshawn4749

Voice comes on stating this number not in service.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@pamandshawn4749 

I don't think this was mentioned ... but, are you trying to receive them while IN CANADA?

Or are you currently within the USA?

You'll only be able to receive calls from ANYWHERE in the world if you are physically in Canada with your Public Mobile device.  That is, unless you've purchased a US Roaming add-on and are within the USA.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pamandshawn4749 

Ensure the caller is doing this:

How to call Canada from the USA
  1. Dial 1. The Canadian country code.
  2. Enter the area code. Enter the three-digit area code of the region that corresponds to the number you will be calling.
  3. Dial the phone number. Following the area code you can enter the seven-digit Canadian cellphone or landline number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@pamandshawn4749  did you just join PM and ported in your number?  how long you have activated the account?

pmva
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pamandshawn4749  is it more than one caller?  Are you able to call them?  Other inbound calls in Canada are working?

pamandshawn4749

Sorry not to voice mail but voice states this number not in service.

Hollister

@pamandshawn4749 wrote:

It goes straight to voice mail.

Ensure the number is not on your blocked list.

pamandshawn4749

It goes straight to voice mail.

@pamandshawn4749 wrote:

Why I cannot receive USA calls on my new Public plan ?

It's not supposed to make a difference for you where someone is calling you from. Are other incoming calls working?

Hollister

@pamandshawn4749 

You should be able to. Ensure they are not blocked and the caller is using the correct syntax to call you. Is it just one number or all US numbers?

pmva
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pamandshawn4749  You should.  What happens when you receive a call originating from the USA?

Need Help? Let's chat.