cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received points marked referrals - why?

ATHENS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just checked my points balance and to my surprise in addition to the 5 point welcome it now shows an additional 8 points labeled referrals. I’m not complaining about the extra points BUT I don’t have that many referrals - so is this a glitch?

19 REPLIES 19

@ATHENS wrote:

They added mine but shortly afterwards removed them again. Do you still have the referral points?

Thankfully my referral points showed up this time after I renewed my plan on May 12th! Somehow I am still missing 3 referral points but they may have left. So, hopefully when the CS_Agent stated  “processed some system updates to avoid this from happening in the future” that it will stay fixed.

Edit: To add that My Account shows how many new referrals I have but not the correct total amount of referrals that I have!

ATHENS

They added mine but shortly afterwards removed them again. Do you still have the referral points?

ATHENS

All is well again- thanks for suggesting I contact CS — they do their job very well. Wish that there was a way to give them bravo recognition.

ATHENS

O my screenshot was after the 8 points were removed.   Have already asked CS to look into this matter and will let you know the outcome. Cheers 

@ATHENS wrote:

Thanks again for reasonable explanation but now I have the opposite situation— my deserved points have all disappeared. I used to have about $8 discount each month that did include 2 referrals. It was obviously my stupidity for questioning my point balance. It now seems that my $8 each month was converted to 8 points labeled “referrals” that I should have just accepted and not questioned. 

@ATHENS 

i assume you have $2 autopay and $4 loyalty and $2 friend referrals.  The $2 autopay and $4 loyalty will be gone (as you fully aware from the main announcement thread).  The 2 referrals would not show anywhere until after your renewal, you will get 2 points within 48 hours of the renewal.  

Your screenshot earlier didn't show what you said about the 8 points, if you want to confirm, please check with @CS_Agent 

ATHENS

Thanks again for reasonable explanation but now I have the opposite situation— my deserved points have all disappeared. I used to have about $8 discount each month that did include 2 referrals. It was obviously my stupidity for questioning my point balance. It now seems that my $8 each month was converted to 8 points labeled “referrals” that I should have just accepted and not questioned. 

@ATHENS wrote:

Isn’t this nice — someone must have reported my extra points and now my account has been adjusted down to NO referrals at all. Thanks spammer.

ATHENS_0-1715354828458.png

HI @ATHENS 

don't blame on others.  There are others reported they had extra points but the system corrected itself shortly after.  So, you are not the only one

but PM agents do monitor the Community, they will thanks you for bringing this up.  Isn't that nice you helped to fix the glitch?

ATHENS

Isn’t this nice — someone must have reported my extra points and now my account has been adjusted down to NO referrals at all. Thanks spammer.

ATHENS_0-1715354828458.png

hi @LitlLdy with the new public points not showing the list, it is even harder to track.  Now My Account has a page My Referrals telling how many new referrals, I try to screenshot that and hope to track the referrals the best I can

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @LitlLdy 

what was the problem you have ?? you got extra points too??

@hTideGnow , my previous message.. All my referral points disappeared! CS_Agent kept saying mine shows pending but my referral points never show up on my account the last 2 renewals! 8-9 referrals is a lot for me to lose!

They did something on my account saying “processed some system updates to avoid this from happening in the future.”  I won’t know until my next renewal!

Edit: I meant to add.. at least they manually added the missing points which surprised me. They didn’t have to so that’s greatly appreciated.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

just to add a note.  I don't "discriminate" anyone so I tried to answer whenever I can.   This does not violate any Community rules.

hi @LitlLdy 

what was the problem you have ?? you got extra points too??

@ATHENS , nooo it just shows that it isn’t an isolated incident & that the system is currently messed up. I was feeling alone.

ATHENS

Maybe I should have quiet about it.

@Sansan wrote:

@LitlLdy maybe you got each others🤭. I'm sure all will be fixed soon....

@Sansan , at least I know now that my account isn’t the only one messed up.

@LitlLdy maybe you got each others🤭. I'm sure all will be fixed soon....

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@ATHENS wrote:

Just checked my points balance and to my surprise in addition to the 5 point welcome it now shows an additional 8 points labeled referrals. I’m not complaining about the extra points BUT I don’t have any referrals - so is this a glitch?

Hi @ATHENS , this is so frustrating & backwards! All my referral points disappeared yet you have none & get the referral points! 😭 The system is soo messed up! CS_Agent kept saying mine shows pending but my referral points never show up!

I have no helpful input sorry. 🤣 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ATHENS 

be aware that @hTideGnow is an honourable PM Community Forum contributor with some years of experience helping wayward customers such as yourself. Please don't take offence to his/her/it's responses...he/her/it goal is merely to help you get resolution to your questions. Nobody wants to hassle, accuse, pester or spam you...we're just like you, we're all Public Mobile customers. Give the info provided by softech some consideration as his track record for help is one of the best..I 'spect he's gonna be an Oracle in the future.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ATHENS 

i don't have any of this problem.  And if I remember correctly, you have your account suspended and you really shouldn't get any referral points. 

I think you need to open ticket with CS agent for them to review and confirm.  Please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437     

Need Help? Let's chat.