cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received an text msg from pm for koodo 5gb plan

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
I just received this text does anyone else received it

Public Mobile here with an exclusive offer for you. For an additional $10/month, upgrade to unlimited nation-wide minutes and get another 1GB of data at Koodo! That means you can get 5GB and unlimited nation-wide minutes for only $50/month on a Koodo monthly bill! Plus, you may be eligible for a $0 smartphone on Tab! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxx only. Offer ends September 4th, 2017. Visit your nearest Koodo location at 2206765 ONTARIO INC. and show promo code xxxxxxx You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
168 REPLIES 168

MF
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would also appreciate some clarification on this.

Whatever balance in your available funds is what would be transferred. So if you have $8 in availabile funds, that's what would be transferred to Koodo 

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey everyone, 

Well as I said, if you pay for your plan and decide you want to switch to Koodo before your plan ends, you will not be credited for the unused days on your current plan. Since we're prepaid, you pay the full amount for your plan upfront and there is no way to get a refund or a credit if you decide to stop using your service midway into your plan. That's why we recommend switching to Koodo close to your renewal date, so you don't lose days of service you paid for and won't end up using.

However, if there's money left in your account balance (what you see as 'available funds' on your self-serve), it will get transferred to your Koodo balance. Most people have in general 0$ in their account balance but if you do have some money, it will not be lost and will get transferred over. 

Also note that a maximum of 300$ can get transferred from your PM balance to your Koodo balance. If you have more than 300$ in your account balance (which honestly doesn't really happen, I don't think I've ever seen that but thought I'd mention it just in case), only 300$ will get transferred and the rest will be lost. 

I hope I was able to make myself clear but please let me know if you guys have any other questions! 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good to know thx

Wonder_why

@MarieHelene_L wrote:

Hey everyone, 

Well as I said, if you pay for your plan and decide you want to switch to Koodo before your plan ends, you will not be credited for the unused days on your current plan. Since we're prepaid, you pay the full amount for your plan upfront and there is no way to get a refund or a credit if you decide to stop using your service midway into your plan. That's why we recommend switching to Koodo close to your renewal date, so you don't lose days of service you paid for and won't end up using.

However, if there's money left in your account balance (what you see as 'available funds' on your self-serve), it will get transferred to your Koodo balance. Most people have in general 0$ in their account balance but if you do have some money, it will not be lost and will get transferred over. 

Also note that a maximum of 300$ can get transferred from your PM balance to your Koodo balance. If you have more than 300$ in your account balance (which honestly doesn't really happen, I don't think I've ever seen that but thought I'd mention it just in case), only 300$ will get transferred and the rest will be lost. 

I hope I was able to make myself clear but please let me know if you guys have any other questions! 

Marie

@MarieHelene_L but why PM send Koodo 5GB Data text messages to switch over, there know we/I just renew with PM, why not give us longer extensions time instead good till September 16th ?

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I am sure Koodo is not even looking at the date you renew with PM. I think it would be a very good idea for them to extend or give longer expiry dates on these offers. However, for me, I will not switch unless Koodo comes out with a better offer. It makes no sense to switch to a plan that is so much more expensive and only gives you one extra gig of data and nation wide calling. 

splendor903
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 2 accounts in Public mobile (12GB/90 days) and I got Koodo offer for one. I am leaning towards Koodo offer for the one i got as it helps me to schedule phone replacement with Koodo tab when good activation credits are offered. Hope this works better in overall savings

Mosor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The funny thing is I would take the Koodo offer but they don't offer it to me. 

Wonder_why

@Mosor wrote:

The funny thing is I would take the Koodo offer but they don't offer it to me. 

@Mosor you might not have too many referral and rewards from PM Cat Happy so, Telus don't mind you stayed with PM