cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received 5GB loyalty bonus data instead of previously stated 240GB?

upublic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got the text message today that the 5GB bonus data has been added to my account, but in the previous emails I was promised 240GB bonus data. I'm currently on the $34 40GB plan, I did schedule a change to the $15 plan but it's not effective until another 2 weeks. The email only says I have to keep my account active, doesn't say anything about changing plans (even then, my plan hasn't changed yet).

Anyone else got this issue?

9 REPLIES 9

@rays2c 

The message was posted 2 weeks ago by J_PM. When you open the message the FAQ's is inside. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I'm surprised it looked at the scheduled change to determine the reduced bonus, but that's better than the alternative of wiping out the bonus completely when the scheduled change takes effect (which is what I would have expected). The FAQ is clear though, than a plan change will cancel the bonus.

rays2c

Where did you get this information?  Could you share the link?

Whats the point of the bonus data if we dont use it?  Also, how is it rewarding 'for your continued loyalty' if we are unable to use it if we choose to switch to a lower plan?

Thanks for the information.  We can never win, that's how companies have us hostages.😠

upublic

@Sansan wrote:

This came directly from the article.  On March 31 or shortly after,  if you were not provided with what you think is the correct amount of data, use the chatbot to submit your disagreement to Public Mobile for review. 

yup just did, they responded saying the same thing, basically we have to keep our plan to qualify for a data bonus that we can't use. 

Also on the big font it just says "as long as your account is active". None of it makes any sense

This came directly from the article.  On March 31 or shortly after,  if you were not provided with what you think is the correct amount of data, use the chatbot to submit your disagreement to Public Mobile for review. 

upublic

@Sansan wrote:

Will I lose my special bonus data if I switch plans?

The bonus data will remain active unless your account becomes inactive, you switch to a plan of lower value or to an incompatible plan.

While you have indicated that your plan changes is upcoming,  the above is stated in the FAQ.

but that makes no sense, my current plan has "unlimited data", all my data add-ons shows incompatible unless I change it to a limited data plan

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Will I lose my special bonus data if I switch plans?

The bonus data will remain active unless your account becomes inactive, you switch to a plan of lower value or to an incompatible plan.

While you have indicated that your plan changes is upcoming,  the above is stated in the FAQ.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Loyalty bonus depends on your plan. $15 plan gets 5GB. Your plan should get more but nobody ever said how much. You should get SMS telling you how much you will get and when it is applied to your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.