cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivating my plan

Maeb_H
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I had a concern with my acount payments and I’m wondering if you can help me. Currently I’m set up for a pay as you go plan, and last month I payed a $40 voucher, I already had $10 in my account and I bought a $20 voucher before the next months due date, yet my plan never activated. I never set a $40 per month agreement so I’m confused why it still expects me to pay another $10 if it’s a choose your own plan/pay as you go.  Shouldn’t that $30 reactivate my plan?

14 REPLIES 14

@Anonymous 

Yes that looks much better! My iPad loved to not only create crazy spell check changes but quite often it tosses in an extra word or two here or there!

AE_Collector (oops, wrong colour)...

@Maeb_H wrote:

My due date is the 20th each month. I’m going to call the store I bought my phone from because I was told it was a pay as you go. I appreciate your help though. 🙂 

@Maeb_H It's worth noting that your renewal date isn't the 20th of each month. Plans here are 30 days long so that date will slide by a day when the month prior has 31 days. Conversely your March renewal will be pushed back a few days as Feb only has 28.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

I love being blue to easily change plans whenever I want to.

AE_Collector

AE_Collector like this? 🙂

@Maeb_H 

Technically it ISN’T Pay as you Go but they likely just meant that you weren’t locked into a two year contract. You can not pay to renew (as what happened to you here) or you can change plans whenever you want to. So it sort of is Pay as you Go.

Normally if you were wanting a different plan with a different cost and a different amount of included data at your next renewal you can go in to your self Serve account at any time and choose the plan You want next and select the “Change at Next Renewal” button. It will all happen automatically for you then. There is also a “Change Immediately” button but you need to know that whether you have 1 or 25 days left on your current plan, an Immediate plan change tosses the rest of your current plan into the bin, charges you for the next 30 days and you are immediately on day 1 of 30 of the new plan. This option is sometimes used when people run out of data before they run out of month (30 days really) so this buys them a new plan probably with more data right then and there.

As soon as you figure how it works here you will likely be happy with the product. I love being blue to easily change plans whenever I want to.

AE_Collector

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Maeb_H wrote:

Ah interesting, thank you. I signed up initially for a $40 plan, and there is $30 in my available balance. My due date is the 20th each month. I’m going to call the store I bought my phone from because I was told it was a pay as you go. I appreciate your help though. 🙂 

@Maeb_H   You do have the option to change plans by logging into your account and in the overview page under Account Status, select Change Plan, then select the plan you want to change to, however, make sure to select change at next renewal as PM doesn't offer pro-ration/refunds for immediate plan changes.

Also a reminder that if you opt to change plans but are grandfathered in for a plan that is no longer offered, you will not be able to go back to it once a change is made.  I know PM made some changes to the $40 plan with a newer version of it offering a slightly less data I believe, so something to keep in mind.

@Maeb_H wrote:

Ah interesting, thank you. I signed up initially for a $40 plan, and there is $30 in my available balance. My due date is the 20th each month. I’m going to call the store I bought my phone from because I was told it was a pay as you go. I appreciate your help though. 🙂 

If there's $30 in Available Funds, then your next renewal will want only a $10 voucher.

BTW...all PM plans are renewed every 30 days...not the 20th of each month

If you have a valid credit card or Visa debit you can register it to your account and enable Auopay ...then you'll receive the $2 Autopay Reward every renewal...even if you still want to pay ahead of time with vouchers.

That means your $40 plan will be $38 plus taxes every 30 days.

@Maeb_H  your due date will change. Plans are not monthly. Plans are 30 days. Some months have 31 days. Feb 28/29 (if leap year) so your payment due date will not always be the 20th.

Maeb_H

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Maeb_H ... What 30day plan did you previously use? From what you said, your previously plan was probably more then $30  Thats the plan will try to renew, unless you change it. If you dont have autopay set up then you need to put enough funds into your PM acct to cover the cost of the 30 day plan. If you had the $40 plan and only $30 in your account, it will not cover it. If you got $30 in your account try to change to a $30 or less plan if you dont want to put more funds in your PM account

@Maeb_H 

It sounds like you just activated with public mobile last month on the $40 plan. You used a referral code and recieved the $10 bonus credit in your balance. You then topped up with a $20 voucher giving you a total of $30 in your balance. When it came to renew your plan the system suspended your plan/service because you did not have your entire plan amount available ($40) only $30.

You must have the full amount in your balance unless you are set up for autopay then the system would have taken the $30 and charged $10 (+tax) to your card on file. ( Actually it would have charged $8 because w/autopay you get a $2 reward applied to your balance.) All you need to do now is purchase a $10 voucher. Add it thru 611, then (1) and (1) and add the voucher. Reboot your phone and your service should renew.

@Maeb_H 

First. Plans are not pay as you go nor are they monthly.

Plans are 30 day plans that are paid in advance.

What plan did you sign up for? 

Any money in your available balance?

When was your payment due date? 

Every 30 days you have to pay for your plan. If you don't pay then the account is suspended until payment is recieved. If an account remains in suspended status for 90 days the account is deleted and you loose the number.

Let us know! Thanks.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Maeb_H  PM is not pay as you go. If you are using this service you will have activated a plan that must be paid every 30 days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Maeb_H

Hi there, I had a concern with my acount payments and I’m wondering if any of you can help me. Currently I’m set up for a pay as you go plan, and last month I payed a $40 voucher, I already had $10 in my account and I bought a $20 voucher before the next months due date, yet my plan never reactivated. I never set a $40 per month agreement so I’m confused why it still expects me to pay another $10 if it’s a choose your own plan/pay as you go.  Shouldn’t that $30 reactivate my plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.