cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivating SIM card

GorgeousGeorge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is saying my SIM card number is invalid and don’t don’t why it’s want to reactivate number and buy higher data deal

3 REPLIES 3

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, it was quite annoying to see useful SIM cards going to waste.

Why doesn't Public Mobile aka TELUS "Save" the environment despite that they aren't at all due to the use of precious copper within the individual contacts within a SIM card.

Here should be an implementation of it: When the SIM card is being removed / ported out the tower will tell the phone to tell the SIM card to erase the SIM card profile to make the phone number as nothing for future use again.

But I get it, it is like a coin from the Canadian mint. Brand new unsealed, but when activated aka in circulation it cannot go back to unsealed.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @GorgeousGeorge 

Question. Has the account been closed for more than 90 days? If so, the SIM card is no longer valid and now the world's smallest paper weight. You will be required to purchase another one.

@GorgeousGeorge wrote:

It is saying my SIM card number is invalid and don’t don’t why it’s want to reactivate number and buy higher data deal

There isn't any reason to enter a SIM card number to reactivate it.    If you already have a Public Mobile account, but it's in suspsension, a payment needs to be made to resume service.   During that process, the SIM card number isn't requested.

If you used to have a Public Mobile account, a previously used Public Mobile SIM card (from a closed account) cannot be re-used.

Need Help? Let's chat.