cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivated Subscription after travels but service doesn't work

SeanTLittle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I suspended my service/subscription Feb. 19th, 2024 due to not needing domestic phone service while travelling in Africa.

Upon my return to Toronto, I reactivated my subscription and made a payment to retrieve my service, (as I have done in numerous years previously without problem).

But the service doesn't work and I get a "service disabled" message when turning my phone on, followed by "emergency calls only".

I desperately need my phone to work as I have to coordinate various things using it, including a trip to Lake Erie area on Monday, (one day away), to see the solar eclipse there.

If anyone here can provide me a quick answer / solution, I would very much appreciate it as using the Public Mobile website and ticket submission is slow and not working very well for me.

Thanks, Sean

13 REPLIES 13

SeanTLittle

Thanks to all who responded to my post for help - the problem's been solved.

I had a friend try my PM SIM in their phone to confirm the SIM was working.  When we re-inserted the card in my phone, my service was resumed.

Cheers,

Sean

SeanTLittle

Yes, thanks - I did this yesterday and am hoping for a response soon.

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@SeanTLittle - Have you already submitted a ticket yet? If not - please do so:

⬇️ Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

SeanTLittle

There is no Network Reset option on this phone - the sales rep at Telus, (who partners with Koodoo / Public Mobile and is the only place you can now purchase Public Mobile SIM cards), tried to do this yesterday and couldn't find this option - nor can I.

SeanTLittle

Thanks for the links - unfortunately, the menu options given are not in line with what is provided on my phone.

@SeanTLittle 

OK, I wasn’t sure. Try doing a Network Reset on your phone.

SeanTLittle

All good suggestions - I'll try those today when I can get someone to help with that.

SeanTLittle

Yes, to clarify - I re-inserted my Canadian Public Mobile SIM card the day before I flew to Canada, and have re-started my phone since then several times.  That obviously doesn't work.

@SeanTLittle 

So where us your PM SIM because the Ghanaian SIM will not work in Canada anyways.

Put your PM SIM back in your phone and reboot your phone by powering off then back on.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SeanTLittle 

Can you reinsert your SIM card and reboot. If it does not work can you try your sim in another unlocked phone to rule out a SIM card issue? Can you also have someone call your number to make sure it is active.

SeanTLittle

Thanks for your suggestions softech.

I logged in on an "in-private" window and my profile shows the subscription is active.

While away I used two Ghanaian SIM cards from friends there, but returned them both before  I left the country.  And my old phone does not hold more than one SIM at a time.

I have an old LG K4 phone and can't find a Sim Manager or Cellular screen in the Settings. 

I have never used foreign SIM cards with this phone on prior trips so possibly using two, (MTN and Vodafone), has somehow confused the phone in terms of my going back to using my Canadian SIM with Public Mobile?

I have turned the phone off and on several times today and not sure how to reset all networks?

This does seem to be quite complicated and frustrating given that I have urgent need of using my phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SeanTLittle 

can you check your My Account's status again?  check using Incognito mode to avoid browser cache problem.

if it shows active, then it is your phone setting. Make sure you don't have other carrier sim or esim on the phone, remove the other physical sim card, or disable the non-PM esim in the Sim Manager or Settings > Cellular screen

Also, delete any VPN profiles on your phone

After doing all those, reboot the phone and Reset All networks again

Need Help? Let's chat.