cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate my old public mobile number

monisrkhan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was not using my old public ph number, it is now deactivated, i need it , how to bring it back.

i bought new public sim key . 

10 REPLIES 10

@monisrkhan it's an NPA lookup based on area code and the first 3 digits.  The lookup shows that it is a Rogers number, so, it will be either from Rogers/Fido/Chatr or other companies that use Rogers network.  In your case, since you have some idea it could be from Chatr, it is likely from there then

monisrkhan

Thanks for replying. 

I don't remember the original carrier, i think it was from Koodo  or chatter. 

how to find out the original carrier 

As per @softech you are SOL. Only option is go back to Rogers. 

@monisrkhan  the number was from Rogers.  You must have ported in from Rogers (or rogers family) into Koodo before

Because the number was from Rogers, it would have been returned back to rogers when you deactivated

monisrkhan

i called , did not get any ring, I switched the number from Koodo to PM, how to ask CSA, what is CSA actually.

how to reach them.

@monisrkhan   sorry, 416-617-xxxx is a Rogers number.  (you ported in that number from Rogers before). 

You need to try to activate a Rogers/Fido/Chatr account to get that number back.  But check with Rogers store first and see if the store agent can help

monisrkhan

Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it. 

I moved to BC from Toronto that's why I stopped using it in Jan 2022.

I called that number to check, the number is not currently assigned,

number was 416-617-66**

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@monisrkhan   if you got the number new from PM before, then you have a chance to get it

if you port the number from another provider, then PM cannot assign you that number for sure

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Phone it.  Does some one answer? If yes you are SOL. Was it a ported number or from PM, Telus or Koodo? If yes to latter then ask a CSA if they can get it back for you. If ported, it went back to original carrier. Once again you are SOL. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@monisrkhan   you might or might not be able to get it back

If you have "deactivated" not long ago and you can prove the support that you owned the number before, and the number is not currently assigned, there is a chance you can get it back.

But on top of that, it depends if the number was originally from PM or Telus network.  When an account is deactivated, the number will be returned to the provider who owned the number in the beginning.  if it is a Telus/PM number, then they might be able to do something

May I know what is the area code and the first 3 digits of the number?  I can try to see which provider owns that

Need Help? Let's chat.