cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: overcharge my credit for activation of daughters' Sim Cards

Duo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: overcharge my credit for activation of daughters' Sim Cards

I used my credit card to activate two public mobile sim cards used in my daughters'  cell phones on December 25, 2021.

In total I was charged nine times (9*$16.95) including those seven times of failed activation transactions.

Please check and give me back the refund 7*$16.95

8 REPLIES 8

@K8T wrote:

You will need to start a ticket and chat with an CS_Agent. As them to escalate your claim to the payment department. It will take 14 to 20 days. I am waiting for a refund also, day 14 today.

As of June 2021, it's official Public Mobile policy for the refunds for these types of erroneous activation charges to be completed (or at least the goal is to have them completed) within 3 to 5 business days.

@darkomega wrote:

Contact the CSA team and tell them about your situation they may offer you a refund at their discretion 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Note they may choose not to refund you as this is a prepaid service, though you never know doesn't hurt to try.

Public Mobile doesn't really have a choice in this matter. They are obligated to refund unauthorized charges/charges that the merchant (Public Mobile) made in error.

K8T
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You will need to start a ticket and chat with an CS_Agent. As them to escalate your claim to the payment department. It will take 14 to 20 days. I am waiting for a refund also, day 14 today.

@Duo 

Unfortunately the seemingly failed transaction is actually successful if your payment card gets charged. But the account doesn't get created properly and you need a CSA to finish setting it up and provision the sim card to the account. Oh well instead contact them anyways and ask for either a refund (can take up to 30 days) or an account credit (almost immediate) to be used for future renewals or add ons.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Duo   ,  that does not sound good.   

But no worry, I am sure PM will refund the extra without issue.

Just open a ticket with PM  at  https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. Start by typing "Overcharge"
  2. then click "Contact Us"
  3. then click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  4. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

Duo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

These nine times of charge happened when I tried to activate the two new sim cards in their phones to set up new cell phone numbers. Seven out of the nine times of trying activation failed in the end. However I was still charged for these seven failed transactions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Duo 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Contact the CSA team and tell them about your situation they may offer you a refund at their discretion 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Note they may choose not to refund you as this is a prepaid service, though you never know doesn't hurt to try.

Need Help? Let's chat.