cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: new reward points account ?

chch518
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

what is difference between new reward points account  and exsiting rewards account? 

why do I need to sign for a points-based account? 

what is cons and pros? 

50 REPLIES 50

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So, we all agree to stay on the old rewards? 

You Jump I Jump.  I Don't Jump, I Don't Jump. 🤣

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chch518 

That I can agree with....pm could have done better job at explaining the new points program compared to the rewards program. I also agree that a 24 hour cooling off period to be able to stay with the rewards program for customers who may have not realized their folly.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

chch518

why is it so complicated? thx. I gave it up.

there are too much work to do.

I have to say Public mobile is not doing a good job on the transition between new and old rewards system.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chch518 

Lol....I don't think so....but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@chch518 

So how am I wrong? If you opt out now you get no benefits at all.

My best suggestion to you is to make a note of customers leaving public mobile and send a kind private message asking if they would be willing to negotiate some kind of compensation to transfer the account they are abandoning to you. There have been a few in the last couple of weeks that have asked how to cancel their accounts without porting out the number. You would then need to port your number out to another provider or a voip provider and port your number back into the account that you arranged to be transferred to you.

If you can make that arrangement and you and the other customer need advice on how to do so but keep any personal info that could cause a security issue private you can private message me and I can guide you on how that is done in a safe and secure way.

chch518

not  a "...biggest lessons ..". 

you are over reacting.  it is not that much money. But Public mobile is not taking it serious. it confuses its customers.

eventually eveyone will be on new points rewards system.

chch518

you are wrong.

if I opt out , I am not allowed to go back to the old rewards system which I was on last month.

According to what you said, when I opt out, which rewards program can I go? none.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chch518 

How is that misleading?

1. You can opt out of public points.
  2. You will not be able to rejoin the program.
  3. If you wish to opt out contact us.

#3 The link leads you to further info telling you once you opt out that's it.  You are out and you cannot earn any additional program benefits whatsoever. What is it that you don't understand that could be considered misleading? I am sorry you screwed up but you learn the biggest lessons in life on your biggest mistakes. Don't make a bigger mistake by opting out as well.

chch518

it is really misleading. look at the belows: 

chch518_0-1644018948857.png

I thought I were allowed to go back if I don't like it.

chch518

I felt that PM trapped it on me.

OBVIOUSLY, the new points rewards system is no good as the old rewards system. 

why does PM give the me options that is confused me? 

chch518

PM is not doing enough to explain the new points rewards system.

Most of customers don't know the differences.  

I am waiting for others/customers to fight back. I have already done enough for my rights.  

@chch518 wrote:

"Those mayors you see here are more active members who try to help and answer the questions and help out."

disagree above. 

why is most Mayor NOT standing by my side as a customer?  only one counts. Obviously it is wrongdoing for PM this time. what I fight for is good for the customers.

it does NOT make sense why customers is not able to change it back. 

@chch518   Just because we do not stand by you and we are not helping out?  🤔

I saw screenshot and I see PM has done enough warning before you click the OK to transfer button. So, with clear instructions and warning, I think PM has done its part

Also a bravo to PM for allowing existing customers to choose to stay with the current one.   It would be nice that it can switch back but some people might take advantage and switch back and forth and it is hard to define a clear line where to stop.  

However, PM  definitely can to do a better job.  As far as I heard, it could take couple days to switch.   Since the transfer is not instant, they should give a 24 hours cool down period for anyone who regret to message CS Agent to reverse the decision.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chch518 

Maybe this will help you understand why the rewards program won't be reverting back.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points/m-p/778469/hi...

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

chch518

"Those mayors you see here are more active members who try to help and answer the questions and help out."

disagree above. 

why is most Mayor NOT standing by my side as a customer?  only one counts. Obviously it is wrongdoing for PM this time. what I fight for is good for the customers.

it does NOT make sense why customers is not able to change it back. 

chch518

don't be panic, if all Citizens get together , we will prevail. why is PM not able to change its policy?  , it doesn't hurt a lot. 

Public mobile is really misleading and confusing its customers this time. 

@chch518 wrote:

" 

Mayor / Maire

why is there always  " Mayor / Maire " answering my questions? 

where are those "Citizen" ? 

Probably those customers even don't know what is happening , they don't have time for this? 

In reality there is really no difference between Mayor or Citizen here.   We are all customers like you.  

Mayors are those who enough enough posts and "earning" a different title.  But again, this title means nothing.

Yes, you might see less Citizen, because those less active users usually just come here and ask questions or just view others' comment

Those mayors you see here are more active members who try to help and answer the questions and help out.

Hey @chch518  you are a Great Citizen here  🙂

chch518

" 

Mayor / Maire

why is there always  " Mayor / Maire " answering my questions? 

where are those "Citizen" ? 

Probably those customers even don't know what is happening , they don't have time for this? 

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess we'll see if anybody has any luck going back. Maybe they'll have to sign an NDA 🙂

Then you will never hear of their experience as they would be banned for life from PM 😎

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chch518 : Yes, "if you decide that you no longer want to" then you can opt-out.

I'm sure we all sympathize with your plight as there is also another person here who clicked through the process thinking it's what they had to do until realizing afterwards that it signed them up to the new system. The false emails were ridiculously confusing too. I agree that since it says it could take several days to process that for the sake of "buyers remorse" that one ought to be able to go back.

I guess we'll see if anybody has any luck going back. Maybe they'll have to sign an NDA 🙂

@Meow   It was for Yummy's reply just above 

but I agree the reply "comment is useless" is a bit harsh 

@chch518 wrote:

your reply is totally not acceptable.

what ? "...for a quite a while;..."  how long? new points rewards just came 2 weeks ago.

1st week doesn't count. 

your comments is useless. 

Which post you are replying to? If you could at least provide user name it will be more clear...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chch518 

If you read the terms and conditions opting out means you opt out of earning any rewards permanently. There is no option to opt back in. I read the entire "small print" of the new points program. Tread carefully.

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@chch518  that line means you can opt-out but it does not mean you can opt-out and go back to the old reward system.

Opt-out of the new reward system just means you don't want to receive any reward

chch518

Look at the belows: FAQ 

IT IS ALLOWED TO OPT-OUT. IT DOES NOT SAY IT IS FINALLY 

chch518_0-1643376714585.png

chch518

your reply is totally not acceptable.

what ? "...for a quite a while;..."  how long? new points rewards just came 2 weeks ago.

1st week doesn't count. 

your comments is useless. 

@chch518 wrote:

a 24 hour period is way not enough.

it should be a month, then the client will feel the difference, make a wise decision.

I understand honest mistakes could be made but we are discussing these points for a quite a while; announcements have been made, opinions expressed, even xlsx file provided.

I do understand frustration making such mistake but one was giving a final warning - you are SWITCHING! and still some click OK.

Imagine cooling period of just of one hour buying stocks... Will that work?

@softech wrote:

@Lieux  What is the next screen after you agree and submit? 

LoL

I do not think you want to know...

chch518

I don't check it in details , it  looks like terms and conditions. 

Where is my old rewards page in the 1st place. if I am able to see the old rewards page clearly, I have no intentions to switch the new points rewards. You won't help. You should blame Public mobile tech department first, why is it not allowed to switch back after test try? just you ask a refund for buying the wrong products, it won't hurt both sides a lot. 

@chch518   did you actually opt in?

what you showed is normal. Everyone is going to the new My Reward page to view our reviews, whether we stay or we move to the new system.   

You are NOT opting in for the new reward system just by going to the new My Reward website.

You only moving to the new Reward Point system if you click the opt in in the My reward website 

chch518

I thought eventually everyone has to switch the new rewards points system, that's why I don't think too much about it. 

Public mobile misled me. 

Need Help? Let's chat.