cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: new reward points account ?

chch518
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

what is difference between new reward points account  and exsiting rewards account? 

why do I need to sign for a points-based account? 

what is cons and pros? 

50 REPLIES 50

chch518

Because Public mobile misled me.  

I recalled that I login   my acount last week. I like to see my rewards page. Suddednly I saw a different page, my usual rewards page disappeared,  the only one  choice is that I  can click "access rewards"  button.  In order to see my rewards page, I click it, next , then next...

I trust PM. I didnt check it out. I thought  only through that way I can see my rewards page.

I attached the  rewards page last week.

chch518_0-1643326888746.png

chch518

a 24 hour period is way not enough.

it should be a month, then the client will feel the difference, make a wise decision.

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes

Stay on the old rewards system

Cash deduction for autopay $2 and $1/year up to $5 is cash deduction every month in u r pocket.

No waiting for points to accumulate.

I'm staying  on old reward system

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chch518 

I agree....there should be a 24 hour period while the system is processing the request that you can cancel and because you changed your mind. And those emails don't help the matter either.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

chch518

typo:

when the client feels it is not good for themself. 

chch518

you don't have enough experience in your life. when people are tired , when people are trusting the Public mobile , usually they don't think too much. if it is a really mistake , it is allowed to change back. 

chch518

it is not nice. 

there should be a cooling period.

I am going to file a complaint. 

this is a new system, it is not reasonable for people to go back when the client is not good for themself. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chch518 

Unfortunately another customer did the same thing on the first day and already inquired with customer support. It was a hard no.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Lieux  What is the next screen after you agree and submit? 

LoL

@chch518  It’s VERY clear… you need to agree with everything…6972BE39-6446-45FB-A167-8650A05A0FE1.png

@chch518 wrote:

wow, I made a mistake. 

I like to switch back the old rewards system. how to do it ? 

No going back 😞

How did you manage to make this mistake? Where did you go and what did you press? Just so other know and be more cautious!!!!

chch518

it is why I come to community and ask the question.

chch518

why ? 

I made mistakes. I click the wrong button accidentally 

@chch518  You can’t go back…

chch518

wow, I made a mistake. 

I like to switch back the old rewards system. how to do it ? 

chch518

I swtich back to the old rewards systems.

Tahiti

I believe @Dunkman has explained clearly about the benefit of staying with old system due to Loyalty credit.  However, there is a typo "Existing customers are switch over to new system also. "  This is NOT TRUE!!  Existing customers can switch to new point system OR stay with old reward system.

While the old reward system is better than the new point system.  For new client who has no choice except point system, advantages:

A.  Get extra 5 points when join (besides $10 credits)

B.  New point system is unlimited (points)

C.  "Discounts" in using point to "puchase" Add-ons. Comparison :

1.  $5/500 Canada Wide LD remains 5 points, ALL other $15/xxx minutes LD only 10 points(33% savings).

2.  $5/200MB Canadian data remains 5 pt., $15/1GB Canadian data needs only 10 points(33% savings).

3.  US Data (all 10 days packages):

-  $10/250MB US data needs only 5 points(50% savings)

-  $15/500MB US data needs only 10 points(33% savings)

-  $20/1GB US data needs only 15 points(25% savings)

4.  US Roaming (all 10 days packages):

-  $20/unlimited US talk, text and 250MB bundle needs only 15 points(25% savings)

-  $15/unlimited US talk and text bundle needs only 10 points(33% savings)

-  $8/unlimited US talk only needs only 5 points(37.5% savings)

-  $8/unlimited US text only needs only 5 points(37.5% savings)

D.  Pending on usage, a $15/250MB plan + 10points/1GB addon (rollover if not used), could mimic a $25/1.25GB "plan" with roll over data. (if needed, 5pts/500 Canadian minutes is very good price)  However, this is only suitable if client can+will get lots of referrals to be able to buy ADDON with points monthly.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You do not NEED to sign up with new Points rewards if you are old customer.

You can calculate pro and cons using provided spreadsheet based on your plan and when did you join PM.

Final decision is up to you to switch or not.

There are many discussion threads regarding this Points so you are free to search and read what opinions are.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@chch518 

Public mobile has switched to the new rewards system for new customers starting January 25.  Existing customers can also switch over to new system if they choose to.   

Here is the announcement:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points-Rewards/td-p/...

(You can try the PM calculator to see what points you will earn in the new system)

The bottom line is that if you are going to be a long term customer with Public mobile, stick with the old rewards system.  The biggest difference is the loyalty rewards.  In new system, the maximum loyalty credit is $10/year (does not matter how long you are a customer),. while in the old system, if you stay with PM each year, you earn extra $1/month credit to maximum of 5 years for total of $60/year.  The new system also does not have autopay reward $2/month, but instead has the 5% credit on your monthly plan.  You can use your points in the new system to enter contests for different prizes and jackpots.  

Public mobile has grandfathered the old system, so you will need to sign up for the new points system.  

edit: changed typo 

Need Help? Let's chat.