cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-evaluate your time in the Community

Holiday888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With the most recent announcement regarding moving everyone from the Legacy Rewards system to the new Points system will you be less likely to assist customers in the Community?

13 REPLIES 13

Yzeguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Honestly, I help because I want to help. I don’t do it for the rewards (they’re nice though)

@Jedi1 wrote:

I came in on points in November and enjoy participating when I can.  I hope the regulars that help out a lot will continue to be here.  

It's not necessarily a matter of whether members wants to help or others or not, but when it comes to long time customers being switched over to points, it's a matter if these  members are going to still be customers after this forced changed to the points program.  The amount of lost customers will be massive.

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I came in on points in November and enjoy participating when I can.  I hope the regulars that help out a lot will continue to be here.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Interesting - thanks @ShawnC13 & @computergeek541 

Then a subtle raise in Community rewards seems warranted given it's been at least 4 years since the last one.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

Here's a question?   Have the Community reward values changed at all over the past decade?

Perhaps in-line with abandoning the Legacy Rewards, they may wish to up the Community reward values.

Seems about fair, right?

@HALIMACS, yes they have at least doubled since I started here.  When I first started Oracles could earn $10 then the rewards that were available to non Oracles were $6, $4, $2, and $1.  I think that is how it was

For me, the Community rewards went up at the time from either $4 or $6 to always either $10 or $15.  That was a substantial icnrease, but at the same time, Public Mobile seemed to decrease the amount of members who were given the higher reward amounts.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Here's a question?   Have the Community reward values changed at all over the past decade?

Perhaps in-line with abandoning the Legacy Rewards, they may wish to up the Community reward values.

Seems about fair, right?

@HALIMACS, yes they have at least doubled since I started here.  When I first started Oracles could earn $10 then the rewards that were available to non Oracles were $6, $4, $2, and $1.  I think that is how it was

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@fixin wrote:

@Holiday888 - Probably Me ( @fixin & litldy ) will stay since we aren't affected since we are both on the Points System already but I dunno about others like hTideGnow, Handy1, Chalupa_Batman, Softech, as well as other community members that may still be on the Legacy Rewards system still.

I was on the old rewards system (since 2019) until the points system was introduced, I then decided to be nosy and yup…. switched to points without thinking about my decision! I have regretted it ever since but it doesn’t affect whether or not I participate here. If I am up to it and feeling well enough at the time I am on here!

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Holiday888 - Probably Me ( @fixin & litldy ) will stay since we aren't affected since we are both on the Points System already but I dunno about others like hTideGnow, Handy1, Chalupa_Batman, Softech, as well as other community members that may still be on the Legacy Rewards system still.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Seems about fair, right?

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Already not worth it anyway. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

The value community rewards are really the only reward that stayed the same.  Each $ you would earn from community rewards is the equivalent point value.  Just now you will have to convert those points once you have 15 of them.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Meow
Mayor / Maire

That is a very good question.

I love to assist and was encouraged to do that by small incentive. As I was not interested in points I do not know how they get valued and do they translate similarly to any value being among first 10, 25, 50%, etc. contributors.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Fun’s over. Time to leave unfortunately. 

Need Help? Let's chat.