cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: disable voicemail

Barth
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Within the last week, I have experienced the issue that mlepard reported.

I am receiving voicemail notification for my PM phone number, even though I have a data-only plan. 

Earlier in this thread, Luddite references a solution to disable Phone services. Sadly, this is only a temporary setting on my phone. I cannot imagine doing this every time I restart my phone—more than you would think.

Moderator, please help.

14 REPLIES 14

Kmcmahon

That's dose not work

Barth

Remove Voicemail, by Duanniston Cabral, purports to do the same thing.

Barth

I think I did the following steps: (a)

1. Install Voicemail Remover. (b)
  2. Restart my phone.
  3. Expect app to open Phone Services during restart.
  4. Clear Data and Cache.
  5. Expect notification to be cleared.
  6. Restart phone to test. (c)
  7. Expect no voicemail notifications following restart or while phone is operational.

Disclaimers:

(a) I actually run LineageOS 13 (equiv. Android 6.0.1) and my Moto X (2013) was rooted while I followed the procedure, but I don't think that should change the outcome.

(b) I cannot find Voicemail Remover on Google Play.

(c) When I removed the app, the notifications showed up again. And I successfully followed the procedure a second time.

YMMV

Kmcmahon

I'm on Androd 7.1.1 on a nexiu 6

Barth

@Kmcmahon I perceive that your issue is similar to mine, when I wrote the original post. 

• data-only plan,
  • no phone service (through Public Mobile),
  • no access to voice mail (stored on Public Mobile servers), and
  • voice mail notifications from the phone number connected to your data plan

By temporarily enabling my phone service, a moderator allowed me to turn on my extended absence greeting. No more voice mail notifications.

After a few months, I started receiving notifications again. In the meantime, I have upgraded my cell phone and am able to disable notifications during restart.

If you have an Android phone (6.0 or later), I might be able to help with that. (No guarantees because I wasn't very scientific about my changes.)

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kmcmahon, sorry, I don't understand what you mean.  You get voicemail notifications?  But do not have a voice plan?

Kmcmahon

I'll need phone service to call the voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kmcmahon, if you are on Android, you should be able to stop your phone from going to voicemail when busy, when you don't answer, etc.  I found the following link that should give you an idea.  Not sure what version of android this is from. https://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Voicemail-on-Android.  I'm pretty sure there are similar capabilities in iPhones and phones with other OSs.

One thing about this though, I'm not sure what happens if your phone is powered of or has no signal.  The network might still send the caller to your voicemail.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Kmcmahon, There is no way to disable voicemail in the system.  However, you should be able to set up an extended absense message, and then disalow anyone to actually leave a message.  Sort of like disabling voicemial, but not quite.

See the following post by @srlawren for instructions...  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805/highl...

Also, for future reference, you should always post a new question to a new topic.  Even if it is similar/same as the original.  That way you will get a quicker response, and wont risk having your issue lost in an old thread.

Let us know if it works for you.

Kmcmahon

I need the voicemail disabled on my account it everytime I reboot it pops up with a new voicemail

Barth

Hi ben10nnery,

Apologies for the late reply. Somehow I missed this.

There was an actual voicemail on the phone number for my SIM card, which I needed MOD assistance to access because I only subscribe to data. (The VM was left by a caller that does not know me.)

As such, I was not experiencing a technical problem with my Android phone. 

Regards,

Barth

ben10nnery

Is your phone by chance an iPhone? I've heard of this happening with certain iPhones on all carriers.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Barth

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your voicemail notifications!

Have you sound a solution to this yet? If not, please send me your phone number via private message and we'll look into your options 🙂

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Barth Moved your post in case someone has a better idea than mine. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.