cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: credit card charges?

rossbond
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

has anyone who just signed up for Public Mobile notice the charge on your credit card indicating " something like KOODO TOP UP REAPPROV"  ??

24 REPLIES 24

@Anonymous wrote:

what is wrong with you and you coming to me only too many time i told you leave me alone and stop off of me if you don't like my post just do report to public mobile, why you always like to you bother me,

@Anonymous  don't get "overexcited"  , I dont think @Anonymous was targeting you.  From what I see,  that was a fair comment  and more targeting PM for messing up the payment system.   🙂

@HALIMACS 

Oh no.....we are both on the same page when it comes to a chargeback as evidenced by my own experience with robbers. 

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

As far as the OP that @Anonymous mentioned from the other day (that unfortunately has a poorly chosen solution that neither explained the problem or the fix other than the usual contact customer support.) I am in complete support of @Anonymous 's opinion. This was the OP's activation charge. How would most new customers necessarily know that a Koodo charge=a Public Mobile charge? While I wouldn't immediately rush to do a chargeback for a fraudulent charge it is still a reasonable action on the part of the OP. If you are not all that familiar with how prepaid mobile services work you wouldn know what a chargeback in this instance unleashes.....and it's not the fault of a customer who practices good financial oversight on their monthly spending. This is completely unacceptable on Public Mobile's part and @J_PM should hear about our displeasure in this seemingly recent change in merchant charges/billing.

OK, good to know @darlicious 

We'll have to agree to disagree whether that action constitutes "good financial oversight".

I think some of you have concluded that I feel doing a chargeback was inappropriate.  I didn't write that.  I just indicated that I might not have done so, and usually don't, before understanding the charge and the merchant background information.

I try not to take actions that become make-work projects.

To each their own.

@rossbond 

Yes this seems to be a new thing with koodo showing up on your credit card bill. You safely assumed it was your pm charge and simply posted here to confirm your suspicions. Whew! All good.

@HALIMACS 

As far as the OP that @Anonymous mentioned from the other day (that unfortunately has a poorly chosen solution that neither explained the problem or the fix other than the usual contact customer support.) I am in complete support of @Anonymous 's opinion. This was the OP's activation charge. How would most new customers necessarily know that a Koodo charge=a Public Mobile charge? While I wouldn't immediately rush to do a chargeback for a fraudulent charge it is still a reasonable action on the part of the OP. If you are not all that familiar with how prepaid mobile services work you wouldn know what a chargeback in this instance unleashes.....and it's not the fault of a customer who practices good financial oversight on their monthly spending. This is completely unacceptable on Public Mobile's part and @J_PM should hear about our displeasure in this seemingly recent change in merchant charges/billing.

@Anonymous 

I have a similar experience with paying a fido bill and it showing up as Rogers on my credit card. I immediately phoned Rogers to get the charge reversed only to have them tell me the phone number related to the charge and realize it was the fido bill I had paid. Had I gone the chargeback route it probably would have still been ok (maybe it's still robbers they have illegally cut off service before) because it was a postpaid bill not a prepaid one.

When it comes to @Anonymous 's comments his advice to you has a lot of merit. Had you taken the time to read and reread and read again you may have comprehended that there was actually compliment in his first post to you. The similar experience you related regarding the practices of another provider showed how this issue is not just a third tier (pm) problem but one that occurs at first and second tier prepaid and postpaid providers. But instead you went completely on the defensive....take the time to comprehend what is being written so that you don't whip off a derisive post causing unnecessary frustration and consternation.

Don't worry I have done the same in the past being unknowingly manipulated by a popcorn munching weasel. Learn and move on.....

@Anonymous 

Come on now....youre an intelligent man. You can read between the lines and have a little more understanding of what is being said as difficult as it might be it does go both ways. It took "/s" and few of 😃😁😀...🍆?...🍷🍷😉....for us to finally get each other!!😎

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Yes I agree it is easy enough. I've had a handful too. In this case though, the customer got cut off for no _known_ fault of their own and going about protecting themselves from fraudulent charges as we all should. I don't have a lot of sympathy for the company on this.

Yes, to each their own @Anonymous, I respect that.

I just know that fraudulent credit card charges don't frighten me as much as they do others.  And that's OK - everyone has different comfort levels.

I'm not liable for payment of them (yes, i've had 1/2 a dozen over the past 30+ years) and they were very easily reconciled and removed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : I wouldn't. Credit card charges are serious business. I see a charge out of the blue from a company I don't do business with...chargeback (well..call the issuer and cancel the card and get a new one and they take care of the charge).

Why would I take the time? These are rich corporations. Charge me? Get charged back.

Autopay should just keep going without a thought. Would I see that bill and see that wrong charge but ponder ...hmmm where's my cell phone charge. Not likely. Why would I.

Oh well...to each their own.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : How about you actually read and interpret things. Before you attack someone, read!

I have informed/tagged Jade...twice. Once in the thread with that customer who got their services stopped. And this one.
You just have simply zero capability of reading and interpreting and understanding. It's incredibly frustrating.

Other than that...what the heck are you on about with the rest?! Movie? Truth? What? I don't need to believe anything. I read what you posted with interest. Is it that once again you mis-interpreted what I wrote?

I mentioned this to you because I felt like it. You very flippantly said to this OP to not worry about it. I piped in with my observations in a discussion manner. Now you take it all personally like I've killed your dog or something. Lighten the heck up. If you could understand things you would see what I mean.

I will continue to call you out when you do. As I do with anyone else if I happen to see something not entirely correct for the customer. Get over it. You're not alone. I am not breaking any rules. Nor are you. It is not harrassment as much as maybe one or two users in the background seem to think it is. I am clarifying your replies for the OP's that you send off into all your rabbit holes.

But now you or some background anonymous user that has it out for me and likes to mess with people for kicks will report this post and maybe I'll get in trouble. Because some anonymous user has history and influence around here to do that. They know who they are. Some people here have suspicions.

But...you won't read this. You won't understand it. You will get all in a tizzy because I once again had the audacity to -gasp- tag you and interact with you. And here we are.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous @J_PM @CS_Agent 

You can submit a report to the company and complain
why you just post in here and you know no one will see anything from head office of that company,

I don't do a story or make a movie...I'm only here to tell the truth,
You believe it or not, it is up to you personally
and I am not in charge of anything so why you coming to me only and i don't know what is wrong with you and you coming to me only too many time i told you leave me alone and stop off of me if you don't like my post just do report to public mobile, why you always like to you bother me,

@Anonymous wrote:

@walker1 : It was a useful story...other than the convoluted English and slight mis-interpretation but I was more interested in the second paragraph.

@Anonymous : That's an interesting story. But it doesn't help someone keeping track of credit card charges that show up on their bill and seeing a charge from a business they don't do business with and rightfully, protectively doing a chargeback on their card. Lo and behold their service stops. That's completely unacceptable. Maybe it might be fine for post-paid services seeing as how it's on credit...but not pre-paid where service just stops.

Why would a customer call Koodo? I wouldn't. Koodo?! Fraud. Stop. Oh crap. WT#. Unacceptable.

@Anonymous   While I support your thought process - I still feel even a minimal amount of critical thinking would avoid an overreaction by some.

If I am on a $25.00 (+ tax) plan with a pre-paid mobile company, then on the day of my renewal for that plan, I see a charge of $28.75 on my payment card to a different mobile provider, I might likely first ask myself, "hmmm, that's odd".   

However, if my mobile service remains active and there are no further charges of $28.75 displaying on the payment card transaction summary page, then why in the Lord would I process a chargeback?  

If I was overly concerned due to a lot of prior fraudulent charges on my card, then maybe I'd react.  But why not simply first ask the question of the company named on the suspect transaction or ask a question on this Community?   

I just don't think it's as much of an issue as others may believe - but YES, Public Mobile needs to attempt some level of consistency with these kinds of items, that I agree with.

( EDIT:   @Anonymous  ... and let me add that if this happened to me, not only would I be on the company like white on rice, I would completely expect some form of recovery such as a $20.00 credit or data add-on.   I do hope the OP you write of got their service back promptly and with some form of recovery from PM)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@walker1 : It was a useful story...other than the convoluted English and slight mis-interpretation but I was more interested in the second paragraph.

@Anonymous : That's an interesting story. But it doesn't help someone keeping track of credit card charges that show up on their bill and seeing a charge from a business they don't do business with and rightfully, protectively doing a chargeback on their card. Lo and behold their service stops. That's completely unacceptable. Maybe it might be fine for post-paid services seeing as how it's on credit...but not pre-paid where service just stops.

Why would a customer call Koodo? I wouldn't. Koodo?! Fraud. Stop. Oh crap. WT#. Unacceptable.

@Anonymous 

Did you understand all of that wealth of information?  I hope so 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous : This should not be normal. The other day someone found a charge from Koodo and rightfully charged it back thinking it was a fraudulent transaction and then discovered their service had stopped afterwards. This absolutely should not be normal. You pay Public Mobile because you're doing business with Public Mobile. Not Telus. Not Koodo.

@Anonymous 

the system Transaction sometime is busy or not have a cover network and is going to Koodo...after all that group of companies by Telus.. i don't think so is it a fraudulent... but the public mobile system have to be maintenance more and clear,

just to you know that is not only Telus.. my friend last 3 month ago with rogers getting two time with Fido Transaction and make call to rogers and the customer care say sorry will won't be happen again but don't worry about it's same system and we will make reporting to fix it as soon as possible and we will send your ticket to back Team to fixed....

I always wonder if this is another sign that PM is going back to Koodo soon.. one system at a time.. now is payment system.. eventually, we will get the "big" announcement...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : This should not be normal. The other day someone found a charge from Koodo and rightfully charged it back thinking it was a fraudulent transaction and then discovered their service had stopped afterwards. This absolutely should not be normal. You pay Public Mobile because you're doing business with Public Mobile. Not Telus. Not Koodo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rossbond 

not to worry is normal sometime the system go to Koodo...they group of companies by Telus..

Yah, i get it.

But surely we've all seen merchant names on payment card statements that have little semblance to the store-front name on the business door or the payment receipt.

What's even more frustrating is when the name on the storefront differs from the name on the register receipt which also differs from the name of the payment card transaction receipt   -   that really irks me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was fine to defend the practice when it first came up. Ah well it's all the same company. Until the stop service earlier. Imagine you're quietly going on with your life and your credit card bill comes in. You peruse the charges as one should and hey now what's this. Why am I getting a charge from Koodo. I don't do business there. Must be fraud. How can a company the size of Telus get any of this wrong. So you dutifully do the chargeback when bam...no service. Say what now? WT#??!!

This should not be happening.

Absolutely, @Anonymous 

But still, I'd not be overly concerned exactly HOW a name is displayed if the associated charge is correct and service is working.   

So long as there's only ONE charge and it only recurs every 30 days, no big deal.

But I guess that's speaking from the understanding that consistency isn't always the name of this PM game... 🙄

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's terrible. We've had a few questions about it. And then the one who inadvertently stopped their service. Terrible optics.

For sure, @rossbond 

There seems to be little consistency as to how the merchant name appears here.

I've heard at least 3 variations of it displaying as Public Mobile or Koodo or some strange abbreviated mixes or wording variations of the aforementioned.

EDIT:   @rossbond  I think you'll find that following the activation charges, the 30-day cycles if on auto-pay will be more consistently displaying.

rossbond
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I figured as much and that they were all owned by the same group  just confusing as to the name on the credit card charge

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yes, this has been reported.

Here's the way I look at it, @rossbond 

If you just activated a new plan, and:

1. the amount of the plan + tax is displaying on your payment card as a pending/unauthorized charge, AND
  2. the service works,

that's probably a good indicator that the associated merchant name displaying for the associated charge is for the company where you activated.

Still, your concern is a valid one, especially for users who may not realize that Public Mobile and Koodo are all part of the TELUS group of companies.

Welcome to Public Mobile !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rossbond wrote:

has anyone who just signed up for Public Mobile notice the charge on your credit card indicating " something like KOODO TOP UP REAPPROV"  ??

@rossbond , @J_PM : Yes, this is a somewhat recent thing. Someone the other day got tripped up thinking they were being fraudulently charged and did a chargeback only to inadvertently, unknowingly end up stopping their services. All kinds of wrong on the part of the company.

Need Help? Let's chat.