cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: calls going to voicemail instead of ring

bocca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

if PM is aware of this issue and has not found a fix, they are stealing money from their customers who are affected. Does the price change because of the lesser service? My rolls over tomorrow, should I pay it or walk away.

27 REPLIES 27

Great work @computergeek541 !!

@computergeek541 

I sure hope your diligently sorting thru this thread to repost the relevant and acceptable posts. I appreciate your hard work if that's the case.

@bocca wrote:

Hey Darlicious, I explored all those options 3 weeks ago when the issue first popped up. My "big 3" SIM is TELUS. SIM swapping produced 0 issues to the TELUS SIM in slot 2, but cut off data to the PM network when that card was in slot 1. I reconfigured the slot to connect to the data, but the call ghosting still happened. I reversed my reconfiguration and returned the SIM cards to their original slots then contacted SAMSUNG and worked with their level 3 tech support and concluded it was a PM problem.  

this post is more helpful for troubleshooting purpose.

You do know that Telus and Public are pretty much the same network right?  

with your voicemail instead of ring issue , it is possible to do with 3G network.  which area you are at again?

Also, did you try to put your PM SIM on another phone and use it for at least couple days and not just couple minutes?

@bocca 

Have you ever had your account reset and/or your SIM card reprovisioned?

bocca

The device is North American, American to be exact. SAMSUNG techs said the dual SIM is irrelevant, the radios are independent of each other, like having 2 devices taped together.

bocca

Hey Darlicious, I explored all those options 3 weeks ago when the issue first popped up. My "big 3" SIM is TELUS. SIM swapping produced 0 issues to the TELUS SIM in slot 2, but cut off data to the PM network when that card was in slot 1. I reconfigured the slot to connect to the data, but the call ghosting still happened. I reversed my reconfiguration and returned the SIM cards to their original slots then contacted SAMSUNG and worked with their level 3 tech support and concluded it was a PM problem.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : From a prior thread, it's a bottom of the line A10s.

@darlicious wrote:

Since your Samsung device ( model unknown?)

A10s, likely non Canadian model

@bocca 

Since your Samsung device ( model unknown?) Is dual sim it is not a North American variant so the second SIM slot especially may not offered the optimal network connectivity for pm and the need to switch between 4G LTE and the 3G network that pm uses for calling. I cannot say for sure as I don't know what network your second SIM slot allows to connect to...often 3G/2G (telus no longer supports 2G). 

If you are using your services on SIM slot 1 mostly data or calling then SIM slot 2 services cannot be used at the same time. Your phone or pm may be automatically sending incoming calling to voicemail as it reads your pm sim card as being unreachable due to use on SIM slot 1. There are limitations to dual sim phones. You can also try toggling airplane mode on/off if a poor connection is exasperating your issues.

Try switching SIM cards between SIM slots and see if your pm services improve and your Big 3 SIM card services degrade as that will help answer your question/rant.

Please save your abuse for someone else I don't need to hear it....otherwise remove autopay before tomorrow or port out and move on to another provider that you think might satisfy your needs.

bocca

{you get what yo pay for} NO, I am not.

.. apply for device and service... hey, you  don't pay for a Civic and wants to get Porsche power.. life is fair.

If my civic kept running off the road, your attempt at analogous comparison would fit, but a car is a car and the road works for all of them ... bicycles too

HOWEVER

The issue is connectivity, not power. The device in question has the power to stream from my home server over WIFI, globally, but struggles to receive calls in a major city, at ground level, clear of obstructions. I can make calls and send/receive all text formats, but not receive calls? the device is fit for purpose, the network ... not so much. 

Confer with your simp army and try again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bocca : There are many people here that know lots of things about phones and certainly the service. Many of those ideas and workarounds have been offered. You wish to have white glove service while running your Yugo (to exaggerate). I'll bet if you had a flagship phone at one of the top tier providers with 24/7 call centres on hand and stores to go to you'd be happy as heck. But you made other choices. Deal with those choices you made.

No we can't do anything in your account or the "backend". But my bet is on your device as the problem. The intermittents give it away.

@Anonymous wrote:

appear to have a lower level Samsung phone. Maybe you got what you paid for there too. 

you get what yo pay for ..this idea applies to  both the  device and service... hey, you  don't pay for a Civic and wants to get Porsche power.. life is fair.

@bocca wrote:

I've done all the SIM out/reboot **bleep** that I care to. Its their turn to fix their end. Low buck doesn't mean paying their full price for intermittent service. The dealing with wanna' be techs and those simping for a $2 discount is part of the deal, I get it. 

Please be respectful to those "wanna' be techs and those simping for a $2 discount "  Many of them are scarifying their  time for the sake of helping others and not just for the discount.   

PM is not perfect.  No doubt.  But many mobile services are like that, too, there is no 100% up time.  Rogers has a major nation wide issue earlier this year.  Telus has an issue with the Western province 2 weeks ago.  Of course, there are countless other issues that are not widely reported.  

Last week issue with incoming calls/texts likely resolved.  I hope it is working all well for you  now.  In the mean time , enjoy your saving and use the Mobile Data and look for good deals elsewhere if you hate here that much.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bocca : Then stop posting here and only deal directly with the CSA's. Or leave. We're just fellow customers. It's not our dime to lose if you leave.

You've had some kind of adventures here since you got here. You appear to have a lower level Samsung phone. Maybe you got what you paid for there too. Unfortunately, intermittents are very difficult to get to the bottom of.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bocca 

look friend in here community site no one can help you just to you know all member here they are a customer like me and you we help each other what we have for information to give to other maybe sometime the getting help from other without contact customer service agent... if you are looking for make adjustments... you have to request that from CSA....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bocca 

just to you know if your service has a issue you have to contact the Customer Support Agent by  , to them check your network

and if you have another device you have to test it, to you check it out your issue from your device or SIM card network  my advise to test your SIM in another device..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bocca 

at public mobile Prepaid Service No fees extra charges, and no refund but maybe if your service is not working and they will credit if you can contact to customer service they will give you a credit for one time to them keep you a happy customer...

bocca

Stop. If you don't have access to the backend functions or can't reboot their network, spare me your guesswork.

thanks ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bocca : As I'm sure you've already scoffed...you didn't need the above post.

Anywho...you bought into a low budget, hands-on, self-serve kinda place. If you expect white glove service then you're at the wrong provider.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bocca 

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

bocca

Lowering my network to a lesser system is not a fix. it is a temporary work around that was used while I was told there was a fix in the works. the issue was fixed for 2/3 of a billing cycle. It has started again so I'm seeking a refund.

edited by computergeek541: removed content (terms of service)

@bocca wrote:

I'm doing none of that. If you remove the sim card and place it in another device, the system sees it as a NEW device and works, but they them blame the original device. Once the sim is disconnected from the system and then reconnected, it resets on the network and allows them to claim the device is the issue. All slight of hand on their part to hide their own issues. They are running this system on the cheap. All their fault. REFUND ME first and prove that the issue is not going to re-occur, otherwise they are stealing money.

There is a fix for you (many confirmed that is a working one) and you refuse to do it and rather have no service and spend time and ask for a refund.    Don't know what to say.  

bocca

I'm doing none of that. If you remove the sim card and place it in another device, the system sees it as a NEW device and works, but they them blame the original device. Once the sim is disconnected from the system and then reconnected, it resets on the network and allows them to claim the device is the issue. All slight of hand on their part to hide their own issues. They are running this system on the cheap. All their fault. REFUND ME first and prove that the issue is not going to re-occur, otherwise they are stealing money.

bocca

I'm here for a year and and a half with connectivity/network every other month and now this intermittently for 3 days and constantly this weekend, 2 days before my payment date. What chance do they need? To get payments without giving the services purchased? They know when the issue started, did not alert to the issue, and offer no recourse. I see that as theft. No chances to be given unless I get my money refunded ... you should feel the same way. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@bocca   this thing happens to any providers sometimes.   Rogers and Fido has a mass no service for a full day Canada wide earlier this year, too.   So, it could happen here, it could happen with the "Big 3".   This time, look like not a mass issue but only affecting selected users.   Not sure if you have encountered other service issue with PM frequently.   If not, give them a chance.   🙂

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@bocca wrote:

if PM is aware of this issue and has not found a fix, they are stealing money from their customers who are affected. Does the price change because of the lesser service? My rolls over tomorrow, should I pay it or walk away.

Try these. Some customers have had success:

1. Reset network settings and reboot.

2. Change preferred network to 3G and reboot.

3. Put sim in another unlocked phone and back in again and reboot.

Need Help? Let's chat.