cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-activating my number

Annnsh5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I had a phone number activated from Public mobile. I stopped using for awhile and its now deactivated.
I am looking to get back the same number again, however, when I tried to login to my account with new interface, its now asking for email instead of username and somehow it did not recognise me. So I created a new account. I dont see any information linked to old account.

How can I get back my phone number, Please help me as its very important to me.

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Accounts which have been terminated or closed are permanently gone.

The phone number attached to them is deallocated back to the pool. It is apparently possible to reclaim it (or rather, ask your provider's staff to reclaim it for you) if it hasn't yet been reallocated to (claimed by) someone else.

Any balance of available funds deposited into the account are gone, along with any rewards or points and add-ons or promos or gifts which might have been on the account. Refunds are never given out for prepaid plans. And the SIMID (the SIM card or the eSIM) is permanently deregistered off all the networks, it cannot ever be used again on any North American networks for anything more than Emergency calls, you'll have to get a new one.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Annnsh5  If the account was suspended longer the 90 days the account is closed and number gone . To try and get the number again you have to go to the carrier it original came from . So if it was PM there’s a small chance support can help . Also if you call the number does anyone answer be first step in determining if it still even available . 

submit ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_0-1710976447768.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Annnsh5  How long has it been since you last paid on your account?  If it's more than 90 days since the last payment expired then the account is closed and the number gone.  There is a slight chance you can get the number back if it was originally from the Telus group.  You would have to contact customer service (chat/message icon bottom right of the page).

Need Help? Let's chat.