cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What is the phone number for customer service?

steve54321
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi my father passed away and I need to access information on his account and ensure his service is canceled. Please help. 

11 REPLIES 11

argon007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am sorry for your loss but without the court order, the telecommunications company cannot give your father's call logs to you.

What you can do is to:

1. Contact your daddy's estate assets to cancel everything.

2. If you have POA before your daddy's death, you can contact your daddy's estate assets to contact Public Mobile Team for your daddy's call logs or personal info.

Please accept my condolences for your daddy.

@steve54321 wrote:

Yes please. Call logs, received/missed calls for the last two years. Is that possible? How would I obtain those records please?

I would recommend contacting their privacy department.  It's likely they have more experience and training related to such a request from a 3rd party for customer information, and what kind of information you may need to supply to grant you such access.  

Public Mobile’s privacy department may be contacted at 1-800-567-0000 or send an email to privacy@publicmobile.ca.

(information above taken from Service Terms link, under Privacy and Legal, at bottom of page)

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@steve54321 wrote:

Yes please. Call logs, received/missed calls for the last two years. Is that possible? How would I obtain those records please?

@steve54321    Firstly, sorry for your loss.

Please pardon my curiosity, it is not meant to be maligned in any way, however why might you need these types of details?   I hate to play devil's advocate, however a moderator (or PM Staff) may wonder what legal means or basis this level of detail may serve.   It's likely they wouldn't be able to supply anything without a court order compelling them to do so. 

If you have Power of Attorney, you may be able to get access to the account self-serve such that you can view the last 90-days, however you will unlikely get further back than that.

steve54321

@steve54321 

Sorry to hear this. 

If the credit card is in your father's name, there's no need to contact Public Mobile.  I'm assumiing the bank has already cancelled the card.  Also, there's no need to do anything to the Public Mobile account if autopay wasn't enabled to begin wtih.  As for histoical account information, what exactly are you looking for? Call logs?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@steve54321 wrote:

Ya. The credit card companies are aware. What about accessing historical information on the account?

The system only has 3 months of logs. You can ask the moderators for more if needed. If you know all the identifying information then just look like you're the account holder. It only confuses things to say you're asking on behalf of a customer. When you can log in to the account then you can do some things. We can guide you through all that up to a point.

steve54321

Ya. The credit card companies are aware. What about accessing historical information on the account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JK8 : He would need the PIN to do so.

@steve54321 : Sorry for your loss. Another detail to deal with. Sucks. Do you have access to his email addresses? Do you have the phone? Have the credit cards been notified of the event? If so then this place will cancel out on its own anyway for lack of payment. Assuming the account was on autopay.

steve54321

Can't find the phone. Is there any way to check the status of the account? Also, I need historical information about the account (incoming/outgoing calls) please.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@steve54321 

If possible, you can dial 611 from the phone to turn off autopay. The account will be closed automatically after 90 days from the next renewal date.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sorry for your loss.  You would need to contact moderator.

Send a private message to a moderator. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.