cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

Goose223
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My daughter has a problem she does not have the Sim card for telus anymore she is no longer using the Telus phone number she used to have and is now using a new phone number from public mobile. Her phone can make outgoing calls and text messages but it will not receive a phone call it goes directly to her message machine so obviously it probably has something to do with porting. Telus won’t review or reveal any information because it was on her grandfathers account who became abusive towards her and her mother making them pay him $1300 for the phones after cancelling the contract behind their back‘s.

it is just an awful situation and now we’re kind of stuck is there anything we can do? It is an iPhone 11

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Goose223 wrote:

My daughter has a problem she does not have the Sim card for telus anymore she is no longer using the Telus phone number she used to have and is now using a new phone number from public mobile. Her phone can make outgoing calls and text messages but it will not receive a phone call it goes directly to her message machine so obviously it probably has something to do with porting. Telus won’t review or reveal any information because it was on her grandfathers account who became abusive towards her and her mother making them pay him $1300 for the phones after cancelling the contract behind their back‘s.

it is just an awful situation and now we’re kind of stuck is there anything we can do? It is an iPhone 11

Hello @Goose223 

Sorry to hear of this tough situation.

Did you already activate a new Public Mobile SIM card with a new phone number, is this what I am understanding?

As already mentioned it may be best to change or activate with a new number, at least for the time being.

If conditions improve and that number you want from Telus becomes available or accessible for some reason, you may be able to port it into the account at a later date.

@Goose223 wrote:

Unfrotuantely, as you said, it's the grandfather's account.   Is the phone nubmer that your daughter is using still active or is it also cancelled?   A cancelled phone nubmer cannot be ported anywhere. If the phone number is still active, which I think it is because of calls still going to voicemail, it can only be ported with the authorization and assistance of the grandfatther. Otherwise, your daughter will need to choose a new phone number.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Goose223   I am a bit confused.  You mentioned she no longer using the Telus phone number but she her issue is from Porting.  

So, did she request to port her Telus number into PM?  when did she request that?   Did she reply the SMS from Telus to approve porting of the Telus number ?  She needs to reply YES within 90 mins.  If she is unable to receive the text due to the account dispute with Telus, I don't think there is any way to port the number.  Sometimes if you are porting within Telus family, PM might do a bit extra to help.  But with the Telus account situation, I am not sure.

So, if she did not reply the text, and unable to receive the text , her best bet is to just cancel the porting request , get a new PM number and start fresh.  You can do so by opening a ticket with mod using the Chatbot

tristanspencer4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same issue and it took about 2 days before the phone started to ring.  But my on-going issues is that I am not receiving all my text messages (nothing from TD bank) and PM help/support are not very responsive.  Looks like I might have to move from PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.