cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

Remmy_Sheda
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I'm going to bite the bullet and transfer the number in the next couple of days. Turns out I have bluetooth on all the house phones and they can all communicate with each other. I can answer calls to my cell on my landline, so this should be a pretty good idea. At least, on paper. I'm pretty sure I can still open the enter gate and all that with the new setup and trying to sort that out was holding me up. I'll let you know how it goes!

6 REPLIES 6

@Remmy_Sheda 

Actually most landlines are completed within two days. Depending on the provider and other factors they can take up to 5 to 7 days but that is not the norm. As @Anonymous alluded to....once your service on your landline stops working you will know your port is complete.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remmy_Sheda : Does the landline still work?

@Remmy_Sheda  landline will take long, 5 to 10 business days

I will messaging you a number for Porting team and you can call to confirm the status. Check your Community inbox.  You might want to call the landline company tomorrow as well  to confirm they got the request 

Remmy_Sheda

Good point!

Remmy_Sheda

Update:

So I transferred the landline to my cell and got the message immediately that it had been transferred. I have no email or confirmation of this, so I don't know for sure that it went through ok. Not sure how I check that.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

yes.. the bluetooth home headsets are a great invention!!

but make sure you don't just activate $15 plan.. cos 100 outgoing mins would not be enough when you "talk like a home phone"   LoL

Need Help? Let's chat.