cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

upth3cr33k
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just switched my phone and my husbands phone to public from telus and the numbers to switch to are

(name removed) xxx xxxx xxxx

(name removed)  xxx xxx xxxxx

Is it okay that I have requested both of these in the same email, I must admit I am getting frustrated with the whole process.

edited by computergeek541:  customer's information removed

3 REPLIES 3

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@upth3cr33k wrote:

I have just switched my phone and my husbands phone to public from telus and the numbers to switch to are

(name removed) xxx xxxx xxxx

(name removed)  xxx xxx xxxxx

Is it okay that I have requested both of these in the same email, I must admit I am getting frustrated with the whole process.

Hi @upth3cr33k Public Mobile do not correspond via email regarding activation or transfer of numbers.

First of all, you have to activate two sim cards, one for you and one for your husband.  If you have not done that, go here New Activation Portal.

One sim card and one unique email address, for each account.  You may use the same credit card to pay for your accounts.  If you register for autopay, you get $2 credit for each account every 30-day cycle.

During activation, transferring from Telus requires you to choose a different number for each account.

Put in the Public Mobile sim card to each device.  Check if you are able to make calls, send texts, and your data working immediately.  Receiving calls and texts may take a little longer.

After activation, contact the Moderator Team to port your number from Telus to Public Mobile.   Contact the Moderator Team here.  Expect a reply from the moderators within 48 hrs (much faster these days).  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up.... that would be the moderator's reply.

During porting, put the Telus sim cards in each phone.  Public Mobile or Telus will send you a text verifying the transfer.  Please reply to this text right away or else porting will not proceed.  Continue using the Telus sim cards until they stop working, which means porting is complete.

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@upth3cr33k 

Please follow @esjliv link to contact the Moderators (Public Mobile customer service employees) to complete the port from TELUS to Public Mobile.

Both you and your husband will each need a Community account to make contact to the Moderators.  The request to port each of your own numbers will need to be separately made within each of your respective Community accounts.

Trust us, it gets easier and worry-free after activation and porting is complete.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@upth3cr33k , you posted on a public forum, please edit your post to remove all personal info.

Transferring A Number From TELUS Or Koodo (Including Formerly PC Mobile)?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS or Koodo (including formerly PC Mobile), you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.