cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

esproven
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why when I change my phone number, I lose all my refer-a-friend rewards and reset back to $0 rewards? How to fix this? I've contacted CS agents 5 times and they are at a loss for words..

63 REPLIES 63

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

Yes but they each have specific duties:

• Jade_S : Community manager
  • David_H : Community technical issues
  • Melinda_H : Oracle Team

@BlueB 

Lol...can you imagine copying to your clipboard 750 times each month?🤣🤣🤣

@JK8 

This is the first time I have heard of this glitch.

@darlicious, you will need to update the list above.  Melinda is no longer Oracle team POC.  Jade has taken on that duty as well.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@HALIMACS 

Yes but they each have specific duties:

• Jade_S : Community manager + Oracle Team
  • David_H : Community technical issues
  • Melinda_H : Other stuff?

@BlueB 

Lol...can you imagine copying to your clipboard 750 times each month?🤣🤣🤣

@JK8 

This is the first time I have heard of this glitch.

Edit: Above

@ShawnC13 

Thx!

@darlicious 

I suppose so, but I would likely message a few of them in hopes that at least one would address issue. 

They are ALL paid staff so they would tag the correct person.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

I agree it never should have happened and am wondering what the issue was in OP’s case. 

@JK8 wrote:

I would really like to see a post from @J_PM to see what the resolution was when this gets resolved. I am wondering why this happened and am hesitant to tell customers about the option to change phone numbers in self service when you have any referrals.

To be honest, this should never happen in the first place.  .. why would a change number wipe out the Friend Referral.

on the other hand, I wonder how many referral OP has.  If just one, maybe the friend happens to just drop out or suspended the account??

JK8
Mayor / Maire

I would really like to see a post from @J_PM to see what the resolution was when this gets resolved. I am wondering why this happened and am hesitant to tell customers about the option to change phone numbers in self service when you have any referrals.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious 

Yeah, it sucks... you should try playing the lottery (or never try- but never in between! :)).

What I was suggesting was that, after you typing everything out, select everything and copy it to the tablet's clipboard (memory).  If the post fails, then you can create a new post and paste the entire text as opposed to typing it out again.

@darlicious trick is. type fast. post fast.. copy and paste .. LoL

@BlueB 

Sometimes....if you hit post at the wrong time you lose everything!

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious 

On tablets, usually you can select text, and copy it... (touch-and-hold).  Then if the post fails and you start over, you can just paste the text.  Otherwise, stop using your tablet and go back to the UNIVAC!  😅

@HALIMACS 

It most situations like this the only one to really deal with this is Jade_S.

@computergeek541 

Tablets don't have that luxury....its a start from scratch situation. I'm only gently ribbing you. It's the long posts that causes such consternation. This was only a short one.😁

@esproven 

On the community main page,  see users with the PM designation (you'll see them under Announcements section) , tap their username, and click on "send this user a private message". 

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Lol....I just know when you are online because I get a big red warning and I have to start over.... I am not complaining about the time I posted just your impeccable timing of moving threads while I am typing my reply😃!

Sorry. it wasn't intentional. I have no way of knowing that anyone was typing. I have had it happen to me too when I'm typing something, but for me, it only takes me a few mouse clicks more to post the message.

@computergeek541 

Lol....I just know when you are online because I get a big red warning and I have to start over.... I am not complaining about the time I posted just your impeccable timing of moving threads while I am typing my reply😃!

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541   

Impeccable timing as usual.

The thread move and merge was done nearly 1.5 hours later and was done using proper protocols.

@esproven  have you been just using private message? or you open proper ticket via Chatbot?

If you already have opened the proper ticket and you got the reply, you can reply back on the same message and add Jade_S as another receipient

@esproven 

@J_PM 

Edit:

@computergeek541   

Impeccable timing as usual.

@esproven 

Just tap or click Jade's name above to go to her profile and send a private message. She is the community manager.

@esproven wrote:

Why when I change my phone number, I lose all my refer-a-friend rewards and reset back to $0 rewards? How to fix this? I've contacted CS agents 5 times and they are at a loss for words..

Rewards are supposed to remaining regardless of phone number changes.  Unfortunately, the people answer on these messages boards are customers and as such, can't fix this type of account issue. You'll need to keep talking to the CSA. Only the CSAs can fix this.

esproven

@HALIMACS What do I type in private message in "send to" to reach senior PM staff? I've received responses from 5 CS agents already in my PMs - unable to help. Thanks

@esproven 

If you are unable to get a satisfactory response from the CSA's after your most recent attempt, contact PM staff through private message, designated by the following symbol following their username:   

(username)    HALIMACS_0-1636662945923.png

I guess what is left is to ask them what terms and conditions specify that Change phone number would lost friends referral...  Even plan changing won't affect it but change phone number?

On the other hand, how many friends referral you have?

also, did you by any chance click Lost/Stolen to temporary suspend the service?

@esproven 

Persistence will pay off.

esproven

I've sent a 7th message to a different CS agent saying "I request to have a senior CSA to adjust my Rewards." I'll let you know if resolved. Thanks

esproven

Please re-read my original post. I have already looked into all of this

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esproven 

any Refer a Friend Rewards and all other Rewards is will keep it in your account,

it's not with phone number,,

and check it out with your friend the are still with public mobile, and after open new Ticket,  Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, 

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account number, 
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

@esproven wrote:

Why do I lose all my Refer-a-Friend rewards when I change my phone number? This should not be happening and CS agents cannot help. I've remained a PM customer and my friends have as well. My referal code has not changed. I was reset to $0 refer-a-friend rewards after changing my phone number??

They can help...you'll just need to get a senior CSA to look into the issue. Request to have a senior CSA adjust your Rewards.

Let us know how you make out.

@esproven wrote:

Why do I lose all my Refer-a-Friend rewards when I change my phone number? This should not be happening and CS agents cannot help. I've remained a PM customer

never a dull moment meaning. .always something new  🙂

you mentioned "CS agents cannot help", so, you opened a ticket with CS Agent already?  

from what I see, it might be a glitch but I expect PM could reapply it back for you without issue.  After all, a change phone number is not a change of My Account, the account number is the same and I expect those referral are tied with account number instead of phone number.  

let us know if you opened a ticket with PM already.  If not, create the ticket ..

@esproven wrote:
Same account, again.. same referral code

@esproven   You shouldn't lose any referrals as long as they're still active with PM and you have the same account as mentioned.  Are any of them suspended?  That will lose you the referral until they Resume service again.

@esproven 

That's a new one! If this weird glitch occurred there is no reason why they cannot be restored but you may need to help the CSA with their phone numbers if possible. Have you ever taken screenshots of your rewards page with your referrals numbers listed?

Don't take NO for an answer you may have gotten a new CSA ask them to ask a senior colleague to help them and/or have them open a ticket for the tech team to look into how this was caused and fix the issue.

Edit:

Or just open a new support ticket. Always seek a second opinion if you don't like the first.

Need Help? Let's chat.