Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring number from Koodo

Farisaf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to transfer my number from Koodo.  Where to I go and what do I do

10 REPLIES 10

KenR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I disagree, do it yourself. That's what p.m. is all about. Embrace it learn how to do it, get better at Tech. 

@Alan80  You are NOT supposed to post referral codes on the forums - that's against the PM T.O.S.

Alan80
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can use this referral code (========) in case you decide to go with public mobile.

[Edit ...... Luddite]

Alan80
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would advice you to goto the store and do it. It will take 10 min. Since Koodo and PM use Telus network!

KenR

Dear Farisaf, 

I read all the other replies to you, They are all correct. You just have to get into it and learn it. 

Have fun. 

@GR wrote:

@Farisaf  did you already activate an new account?   Is your Koodo number prepaid or monthly plan? 

You folks that have posted since @GR  posted the question above have POSSIBLY given some incorrect info. @GR  asked that question for a reason, because apparently if the Koodo number is a monthly plan, that can easily be ported, BUT if it's a prepaid plan, from what's been said around here numerous times, a Moderator has to intervene to get the port done.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Farisaf Before initiating port get your account set up with a temporary PM  number. Then follow all the great advice supplied above.

@Farisaf wrote:

Joelkim

Ask at like london drug, mobile shop or walmart. They can port your number to PM from Koodo. The staff can enter your number for the port on the computer 😄 

*Edit*

Porting out from Telus took just 1 second. I was able to use PM service. Hope it helps you! 

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Go to https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started then activate your Public Mobile SIM.

Number porting on the Public Mobile website is not difficult. I did for the number port from Koodo without any issue and it took to complete within 2 hours. Please don't close your Koodo account and prepare for the account number, security/account PIN and IMEI which will be required for the process. Your Koodo account automatically will close after number porting complets.

If you do not see the connection signal, it is recommended that you restart your phone after about 2 hours. For a $10 credit use a referral code, the credit will be added within 72 hours (I received it the next day).

@Farisaf wrote:

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Farisaf  did you already activate an new account?   Is your Koodo number prepaid or monthly plan? 

Need Help? Let's chat.