cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Refer a Friend and Enjoy/Save on a SIM Deal This October

Yong2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need technical support. I met with a problem in referring my wife to public mobile, i.e., transferring her current phone number from speakout 711 to public mobile. I helped her to download the phone app, created an account, made the first payment, and could not proceed with transferring the number. I bought a sim  card for her from a Telus store (not at the discount price). I put the new public sim card # into her account, plus my referral code, her phone #, and IMEI # of her phone with the current speakout 711 sim card (all the information needed). Then the phone app did not allow me to continue, i.e., I am unable to finish the steps for her in activation. So she has a public mobile account, without an activated phone # to use or to authenticate the account. How should I proceed? I would appreciate assistance and advice. 

6 REPLIES 6

HI @Yong2 

at this stage,  agent can help, please submit a ticket first

While you are waiting, try to uninstall the PM app first, reboot phone, and reinstall the app and give it another attempt

Yong2

PM already charged me (my credit card), at the step of choosing phone # or transferring current number, I could not proceed. Thanks.

HI @Yong2 

did you ever got to Step 6 to complete the activation  on the app?

But you checked your Credit card and PM charged you already (so you got passed Step 3)?

did you ever get to phone number choosing step , Step 4?

If you didn't get to Step 6 during activation and PM charged you, please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Yong2

I could not reach that step as you mentioned. The PM app did not allow me to complete or continue, with all the information input.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Yong2  Just to clarify, did you leave the speakout sim card in the phone until you received a text from them confirming you wanted to port the number and did you then reply YES within 90 minutes of receiving it?  Or did your speakout sim simply stop working and then you inserted the Public Mobile sim?  Is the speakout account still active also?

@Yong2 wrote:

I need technical support. I met with a problem in referring my wife to public mobile, i.e., transferring her current phone number from speakout 711 to public mobile. I helped her to download the phone app, created an account, made the first payment, and could not proceed with transferring the number. I bought a sim  card for her from a Telus store (not at the discount price). I put the new public sim card # into her account, plus my referral code, her phone #, and IMEI # of her phone with the current speakout 711 sim card (all the information needed). Then the phone app did not allow me to continue, i.e., I am unable to finish the steps for her in activation. So she has a public mobile account, without an activated phone # to use or to authenticate the account. How should I proceed? I would appreciate assistance and advice. 

Please contact a Public Mobile customer support agent.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.