cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Question regarding $25 plan?

VictoriaM09
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just purchased this plan for my daughter. She is unable to receive incoming calls? The plan said unlimited Canada-wide minutes which I gather includes incoming and outgoing calls?

43 REPLIES 43

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

I just purchased this plan for my daughter. She is unable to receive incoming calls? The plan said unlimited Canada-wide minutes which I gather includes incoming and outgoing calls?

Hello @VictoriaM09 

IS this an iphone?

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

Just charging another phone. If it works in that phone, does it mean the phone is the issue? If it still doesn’t, is it the SIM card???  So frustrated!!!

Yes, please let us know.

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

Just charging another phone. If it works in that phone, does it mean the phone is the issue? If it still doesn’t, is it the SIM card???  So frustrated!!!

Yes, you can use another phone to test.  If it works, then your original phone has some issue.  If it does not work still, then likely SIM provisioning on PM side is the issue.

you just changed a new number?  It should work quick, probably within an hour.  

VictoriaM09

VictoriaM09

I picked a new number. We thought maybe it was a faulty number so I chose another one. Now it says the number is not in service. Hoping there’s just a delay? Now I’m being told the number isn’t in service. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@VictoriaM09  someone asked before and I am not sure you answer the question yet

did you port number from your old provider? or did you just picked new number?

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

Thanks. But didn’t work 😔

Can you try the SIM card in another phone?

VictoriaM09

Thanks. But didn’t work 😔

VictoriaM09

Didn’t work 😔

VictoriaM09

Nothing has worked 😔

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@VictoriaM09 

Yes the $25 is unlimited incoming/outgoing calls.

You will need to reboot your phone so all calls will work.

Just power off the phone and wait a few minutes then power the phone back on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VictoriaM09 

yes is it unlimited minutes include incoming and outgoing calls,,

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

Is this a new number or did you port a number over?

If this is a new number try the following:

1. Restart your phone to see if it will work.

If not then:

2. Set preferred network to 3G and restart phone.

If not then:

3. Reset network settings and restart your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.