cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Price Change]: $70 for 15GB, now $60/mo.

alampman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

please help.  I am now without phone service.  I went and bought my voucher to day as I always do at London Drugs.  It wont' accept my voucher when I input into 611???

16 REPLIES 16

@esjliv 

Well I went looking thru the help articles and now I'm just frustrated because pm pretty much tells you sweet luck all on vouchers.....probably another one of the reasons why I started the voucher catalogue nearly 2 years ago. Haven't you learned by now that pm is DIY? You can't sit around expecting pm to do this and do that.....do it yourself that way it gets done.

Do you think @Anonymous  or @Nezgar  or others really need vouchers to pay for our services? No but to help others @Anonymous especially goes out of his way to test out payment methods. If you do more rather than complain more then more gets done.

@esjliv   I agree.

I think at the very least, the voucher itself should say in bold that the voucher might need 24 hours before it can be used.. PM Help page should also state that in bold..

@softech wrote:

The 24 hours limitation is not PM issue.. it's actually to do with the system that sells the voucher. it needs the time to sync  the vendor system with PM's system.   And also, it likely not really needs the full 24 hours but just to wait after overnight system sync...

@softech  still an issue, I feel.

Then it should be stated/posted somewhere that this is the case.

When I withdraw money from a bank machine, I expect I can spend it right away.

Now, when I deposit a cheque into my bank account, it is stated there is a hold for so many days before it clears, before I can withdraw that money.

But that hold, is a consistent occurrence and therefore expected.

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

That's why I created the voucher catalogue so that at least there was a way to find out which retailers had pm vouchers that are immediately valid or how long they take to become valid.

@darlicious  - My point being, was, that should be clarity given by PM to their customers. Such as, require it being printed/written on the vouchers themselves, or note the possible intricacies in a Help Article (Get Help section), etc...

...rather than, trial and error by their customer base to figure out how to rightfully pay for our own accounts.

@softech 

It seems to vary but my theory on vouchers that are not immediately valid and loadable onto your account are vouchers ( like Canadian Tire ones bought in store at customer service) that do not become valid til the retailers ends their business day and closes out their "cash registers" and sends the monies collected to their financial institution. 

Whereas other retailers or quick stop retailers like Shell or 7/11 use an immediate remittance system that instantly registers the payment and validates the voucher. Kind of like the government run instant lottery terminals.

@esjliv wrote:

@alampman  - IMO, vouchers should be easy peasy to use without any issues. Why does it take 24 hours to activate sometimes, seems silly.

The 24 hours limitation is not PM issue.. it's actually to do with the system that sells the voucher. it needs the time to sync  the vendor system with PM's system.   And also, it likely not really needs the full 24 hours but just to wait after overnight system sync...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

How about a doctorsim post for the catalogue?😁

@darlicious : They say something about a text. I did get something in text but it wasn't a PIN. They sent an email with the PIN.

xoom sent a text with the PIN but it was a Telus voucher.

Recharge sends an email.

@esjliv 

That's why I created the voucher catalogue so that at least there was a way to find out which retailers had pm vouchers that are immediately valid or how long they take to become valid. I would appreciate any contributions you could make from retailers near you.

Either that or pm will have to pony up for that cross country tour @Anonymous and I are going to make next summer in search of pm vouchers far and wide!😃

@Anonymous 

How about a doctorsim post for the catalogue?😁

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#M40236

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@alampman wrote:

please help.  I am now without phone service.  I went and bought my voucher to day as I always do at London Drugs.  It wont' accept my voucher when I input into 611???

@alampman  - IMO, vouchers should be easy peasy to use without any issues. Why does it take 24 hours to activate sometimes, seems silly.

People sometimes need these as soon as they obtain them. Wish it was a Buy, Add to Account, Reactivate Service, DONE.

IF you are still having issues after other's suggestions, ask CSA to assist.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the update!

@t_p

See above.

@alampman 

I just added the following voucher with no issues. I was sent a text from 611 immediately afterwards confirming that a payment was successfully added. If you have already attempted to add the voucher twice make sure you wait one full hour before trying again. Enter the 12 digit PIN #. Take care to not make an error entering the PIN code.

IMG_20211127_150601874~2.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I updated that post. I didn't make a new post. doctorsim is fine. It seemed to take a little while, but it arrived...and worked. It was a little while ago that I tested it.

@alampman 

Hmmmm....this is the second time in as many days that a London Drugs voucher that couldn't be added. I bought one yesterday I will add it via 611 and see if I have similar problem. Normally they are immediately valid. Will report back shortly.

@t_p 

The customer from yesterday said they were ripped off by doctorsim. @Anonymous said he was going to test it out. I am not so sure how that all worked out?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@alampman wrote:

@alampman 

If you can't wait and need to get service back ASAP, you can try instant top up at canadiantire gas bars or online top up services like recharge.com or doctorsim.com (there are extra fees)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@alampman 

Pay With A Payment Voucher

1. Dial *611
  2. Press 1 from the main menu.
  3. Press 1 to select payment via voucher.
  4. Enter the 12 digit pin from your payment voucher. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. Below is an example, so you know what to look for:
HALIMACS_0-1638050203018.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@alampman  this is an open forum and you might want to go back to your post,  click on the 3 dots and remove your personal info.

London Drugs voucher usually can be used immediately without 24 hours wait, i think.  Did you try to login to My Account and enter it there instead?

@alampman wrote:

I would suggest waiting a few hours before trying again. Vouchers do not always start working immediately.

Need Help? Let's chat.