cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Port request

khaykkap
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I would like to port in my number from Koodo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to my Public Mobile Account. My temporary number in Public Mobile is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Please kindly help me.

edited by comptuergeek541: phone number removed

19 REPLIES 19

gumbyng

I just ported from Koodo yesterday. I did not receive any port-out message from Koodo.

I gave my phone number and my Koodo account number.

I kept checking my phone to see if texting myself worked or not. After about 45 mins, it couldn't text out anymore. I swapped the SIM to the new Public Mobile one and everything works great.

khaykkap

Yes, the moderator contacted me. However, I dont know if they can solve because I could not receive message from previous provider. My number port in was suspended from yesterday due to not continue the plan.

Thanks,

Chuong.

@khaykkap wrote:

Thanks for your reply. So, what should I do to make sure the port in successful ?

Chuong.

Have the moderators contacted you?  If not, wait until you hear from the moderators. Explain to the moderators that you are trying to port out a supsended Koodo account. 

khaykkap

Thanks a lot. Do I need to do something to finish the port in ?

Chuong.

khaykkap

Thanks for your reply. So, what should I do to make sure the port in successful ?

Chuong.

@gpixel wrote:

@khaykkap it's okay, since Koodo and public are part of the same family, your account doesn't need to be active for mods to complete the port. 

I know that's was the case since near the start of the year, but in the case of the number porting protection feature, there isn't any way to a receive the text message to approve the porting request unless the the Koodo service is active. I haven't heard anything from Public Mobile about this contradiction.

@khaykkap it's okay, since Koodo and public are part of the same family, your account doesn't need to be active for mods to complete the port. 

@computergeek541 I guess we'll have to wait and see what mods suggest.

@khaykkap all you can do is wait and be patient. 

check your community inbox at 8am eastern standard time. it's the envelope icon, beside the bell icon to the top right corner of the page. this is where you will receive a response from support

khaykkap

Thank you,

As I replied in another message that I could not receive SMS to confirm the port out because my account is suspended from today due to the plan finished 30 days. I don't know how I can port in if I can not receive the SMS.

Regards,

Chuong.

khaykkap

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that my service with Koodo is suspended from today due to exceed 30 days on plan and did not top up to continue the plan. So, when I port out, I could not receive the message.

I don't know my number is still with Koodo and I have to top up to continue with koodo or I can port in with Public Mobile now.

Thanks

Chuong.

@khaykkap wrote:

Hello,

I tried to port out but I could not receive the message from previous provider to confirm the port out. So now, I still can not use the number that I port in. Do you know how I can solve this issue ?

Is your Koodo account still open?  If it is, keep using your Koodo service until this can be sorted out.  Did you hear from the moderators yet?  If not, that means that they have not sumitted the request for you yet.

@khaykkap

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM EST

*it's a holiday, you may have to wait till tomorrow morning

khaykkap

Hello,

I tried to port out but I could not receive the message from previous provider to confirm the port out. So now, I still can not use the number that I port in. Do you know how I can solve this issue ?

Thanks,

Chuong

khaykkap

I see. I am waiting for the message to confirm. I need to port in the number to use the number right away. Hope they can help it asap.

Thanks,

Chuong

@khaykkap wrote:

Yes, I went to chatbox as your suggestion and submitted the ticket. They said that the response will be in 48 hours.

It's usually faster than that, but you will have to wait for a moderator to start working on your request.

Keep using your Koodo service in the meanwhile. Koodo will send you a text message saying that someone has requested that the number be ported elsewhere. Ensure that you reply to that text message to approve the phone number transfer.

khaykkap

Yes, I went to chatbox as your suggestion and submitted the ticket. They said that the response will be in 48 hours.

Thanks.

@khaykkap wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for you reminder. How can I port in now ?

Thanks

Chuong

Please follow the instructions as provided above. You can submit the request whenever you're ready.

khaykkap

Hello,

Thanks for you reminder. How can I port in now ?

Thanks

Chuong

@khaykkap wrote:

I would like to port in my number from Koodo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to my Public Mobile Account. My temporary number in Public Mobile is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Please kindly help me.

You'll need to go to https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot and once there, type "port request". 

@khaykkap  Please do not show your Koodo Mobile account information here. Only give that information to the moderators during the ticketing process.

khaykkap

Hello,

I forgot to provide my previous account number with Koodo : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Temporary Public Mobile no  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And the number I want to port in :xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edited by comptuergeek541: account information removed

Need Help? Let's chat.