cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Plan Expired??

Peabody
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've got the same problem but now my account is inactive. I've verified my payment card and it always has ample room for the payment so I don't understand why the payment hasn't been processed.
It's 23:00hr here in BC and I'm still getting messages from PM about my account not being paid.

9 REPLIES 9

@Luddite 

Well that would be an improvement but since I think it would be just about impossible for the system to distinguish between an autopay failure for insufficient funds and one that is a glitch that could be exploited by customers who just can't afford to pay on time and pm would be giving away two days of prepaid service for free.

@darlicious wrote:

@Luddite 

Pm knows it has an issue and it hasn't been resolved in years. Other than gathering statistics do you think that the autopay failure problem is an individual account issue or a general one? I understand the point of opening a support ticket and a tech team ticket if that fixes the problem individually. But if it's a general issue that they still haven't figured out how to address then what's the point? Surely pm doesn't think because each case isnt reported it doesnt exist?

Yes; PM is certainly aware of some systemic issues. My suggestion is to ensure they have the best data before deciding which problem to fix next. Even a workaround such as send SMS messages for two days before terminating service would be an improvement.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite 

Pm knows it has an issue and it hasn't been resolved in years. Other than gathering statistics do you think that the autopay failure problem is an individual account issue or a general one? I understand the point of opening a support ticket and a tech team ticket if that fixes the problem individually. But if it's a general issue that they still haven't figured out how to address then what's the point? Surely pm doesn't think because each case isnt reported it doesnt exist?

@darlicious @Anonymous @computergeek541  Why are you reluctant to notify the CSAs of these failures? I am quite certain PM does not examine the Community posts to determine systemic shortcomings; rather, they only use the trouble tickets. 

What if we suggested opening a ticket AND trying our remedies while awaiting CSAs' action?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Peabody wrote:

Presently I can't call out or receive calls or sms, so that's sub-optimal. I'd like to solve this asap.

@Peabody  was your plan due to renew today?

Are you able to send/receive texts? EDIT, oops you did already say issues with SMS.

Or, use data?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily), then see if your calling works

@Peabody 

Make a manual payment by choosing "other amount" and add enough funds to cover your plan amount +$1. After confirming and submitting your service should automatically renew.

It's best to clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in Firefox, chrome or safari. If your service does not renew automatically go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your account. Log out/in. Resume. Your account will change to active. Log out and reboot if necessary.

Peabody
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Presently I can't call out or receive calls or sms, so that's sub-optimal. I'd like to solve this asap.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peabody : If your services are working then ignore it all and 9am PT you'll get another text saying all is well.

If your services aren't working then we can try some things.

@Peabody wrote:

I've got the same problem but now my account is inactive. I've verified my payment card and it always has ample room for the payment so I don't understand why the payment hasn't been processed.
It's 23:00hr here in BC and I'm still getting messages from PM about my account not being paid.

When you say inactive, do you mean that your service isn't working? If that's the case, you'll need to pay manually. 

Need Help? Let's chat.