cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No network

SoG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have no network as well...so frustrating. Read this stream of answers, and tried all the solutions; Sim card numbers match, tried resetting the mobile network and still no luck.

Anybody have other suggestions?!

Been with PM for a few years, never had issues...and now 2nd time in a month that we've had issues with the network...so frustrating, thinking of changing providers.

11 REPLIES 11

Do you have any friend, relative, colleague in your area using Telus or PM services? Could you confirm with them if they have service or not?

@SoG 

both Telus and Bell showing no issue in your area, so, I am not sure it is a big network issue.  You can try to drive around and confirm as well.

I understand you don't have another phone to test at the moment, but look like this is the way to go to confirm if it is a device issue or if it is the account. 

Or seek help from your friend.  Put your SIM on his phone and his on yours and see what you get out of it.  

@kingbaida 

Have you tested your sim card in another phone? If you get the same result your sim card could have failed. Best to ask customer support to try reprovisioning your sim card but you may have to just replace it. Keep your reciept and ask for a credit on your account for the replacement cost.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SoG 

visit Here link, for outages,  if your area is not outages you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  , and Explain your issue to they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

SoG

I'm in Ottawa, Ontario... I'll have to look into perhaps a Telus network outage as I've tried everything else... thank-you all so much for your suggestions!

I've manually added my network, changed it to 3G, shut down then removed SIM and waited a few minutes....still nothing.

My phone hasn't been blacklisted either (had never heard of that site, so thks for suggesting!)

I'm really hoping this is only a Telus outage...

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@SoG wrote:

I have no network as well...so frustrating. Read this stream of answers, and tried all the solutions; Sim card numbers match, tried resetting the mobile network and still no luck.

Been with PM for a few years, never had issues...and now 2nd time in a month that we've had issues with the network...so frustrating, thinking of changing providers.

@SoG 

Since you don't have another phone to test your SIM, try these tips one at a time and see if any works:

- Manually select your Network provider

- Put your network selection on 3G (WCDMA)

- Reseat your SIM card (remove, wait a few minutes and reinstall). Check if the card is not loose in its slot)

@SoG   

Which city and province you are at?  Just wonder if it is a local issue with Telus/Bell towers

First try to reseat the SIM just in case.  (Power down, take the SIM out for a minute and put it back and power up) 

If still not work, I would try a Network reset and see how it goes

Did you buy your phone from provider or Google or you bought it as used from other?  Check if your phone is blacklisted, just in case

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SoG wrote:

@SoG 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, your data usage remain for your limit,

when your data limit used all is will off until next renewal cycle,

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

and do again Rebooting your phone,

SoG

I have a Google Pixel 3A...Phone rebooted multiple times today already, with no luck.

Logged in to PM, my account is 'active".

I don't have another phone to try my Sim card...

In my phone settings>SIM Status>Mobile Network State = Disconnected

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SoG   First of all, login to My Account and confirm if the Account status is Active or not

Also, try to reboot the phone

If still fail, try to put your SIM into another phone and test.

If still fail, tell us what is showing on the screen (SIM not provisioned?  No Network?), and what model is your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.