cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Need Help with Plan ($40 for 4.5 GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus)

tramvo041
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I just switched to Public Mobile and signed up for the $40 deal in store today. However, the person helping me said they could not find that particular promotion but it should be fine as they manually added the items to my account. After leaving the store, I reviewed my account online and 1) it does not reflect the promotion that I signed up for and 2) the data that's supposed to be part of the deal is in the add-on section? I tried to fix this myself, so I was looking in the "change my plan" section, at first I could see all the promotions but it wouldn't allow me change my plan as it said there was a balance owing -- I'm a new client but my credit card is on file so I'm not really sure how this works? I made a second attempt to fix the issue but now I can't see or select the promotional plans at all. The deal ends tonight and I just want to ensure that my current plan is reflective of the $40 promotional plan that made me switch to Public Mobile. If someone could kindly offer some guidance it would be most appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

15 REPLIES 15

@tramvo041 wrote:

Thank you for your quick reply! 

I'm concerned because my current plan doesn't show the itemized breakdown of the promotion accurately and is missing a few perks. I've attached a couple of screenshots below. Is there anything I can do to ensure that I'm properly enrolled? 

Many thanks! 

Shouldn’t this be listed on my current plan?Shouldn’t this be listed on my current plan?

Am I properly signed up if my plan doesn’t list the promotional items?Am I properly signed up if my plan doesn’t list the promotional items?

Those are both exactly the same plan. There is no other plan that includes 5GB of data. There's no need to do anything on your end and also no need to contact the moderators. You are on the correct plan and the discounts will start with the next renewal.

My son is on the same plan as you and this is all his plan says:DrewsPlan.png

He does not have the $10 off for 8 months and I doubt it is showing on anyone's My Account; however, you should see the first $10 credit within 30 days. 

Some of the features like Picture Messaging  and voicemail are available on all plans so they will likely not be listed anywhere either.

You have signed up for the plan it appears you thought and all the features you listed are available on that plan. As long as you get your 8 $10 credits, which I think you'll just have to trust you will at this point, you are all good.

@tramvo041 wrote:

I appreciate the quick responses from everyone!

For my own peace of mind, I prefer having the detailed breakdown of what my plan includes. I went in store to sign up for the $40 for 4.5 GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus promotion (perks listed below), but I think they had enrolled me in what looks like a very basic $40 plan.

$40 for 4.5 GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus Promotion includes:

• $10 off for 8 months (missing from my current plan)
  • 30-day plan (missing from my current plan)
  • 4.5 GB Data at 3G speed (not accurately listed on my current plan)
  • Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay (not accurately listed on my current plan)
  • Unlimited Talk Canada-wide
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging (the latter is missing from my current plan)
  • Voicemail and Call Display (missing from my current plan)

Maybe the items that aren't listed on my current plan are usually assumed in basic packages, but with old age kicking in, I'd like to be reminded (in writing) of what I have 🙂

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/40for4500MB-3Gspeed

@tramvo041   PM doesn't itemize each feature of it's plans in plan details, but all items are included in general terms in your current plan, ie: 4.5GB data plus bonus 500 mb with autopay is 5GB, all plans include voicemail, call display, international picture messaging too.

As for the promo discount you will have to wait for it to be applied as per the terms of the current promo and your activation was done before this promo expires at 11.59 pm tonight.

Edit:  Here is the link to the current promo:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Limited-time-offer-Get-up-to-10-off-for...

@tramvo041 wrote:

For my own peace of mind, I prefer having the detailed breakdown of what my plan includes. I went in store to sign up for the $40 for 4.5 GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus promotion (perks listed below), but I think they had enrolled me in what looks like a very basic $40 plan.

• Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging (the latter is missing from my current plan)

Maybe the items that aren't listed on my current plan are usually assumed in basic packages, but with old age kicking in, I'd like to be reminded (in writing) of what I have 🙂

These items are part of the deal, for any current plan (exept for the $30 data only plan), and this is how they are listed in your account. You have signed up for the $40 plan, it includes all the features that are listed in the plan selector, even if they are not itemized in your plan overview.

If you need every detailed specifically and personally confirmed by a CSR you might want to rethink choosing a third tier no-frills provider. What you see is what you get here, and take Public Mobile for what it is (the third tier no-frills provider mentioned) and not what you want it to be.

tramvo041

@tramvo041  Maybe I'm missing something, but if you signed up for the $40 plan, then the plan details in your screenshot seem to be correct. Which perks do you think you are missing?

Also the promo discount will be credited within 30 days of activation and will be applied from months 2-9 of the payment cycle as noted by the promo details by @Jb456 

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Looks as if the mobile rep(s) may have signed you up with the wrong plan. Contact a moderator and explain the issue and they should be able to make the correction. Click ?, bottom right, follow instructions to submit a ticket. Wait times are faster lately and usually within an hour or two.

Not sure how you ended up with that plan...I couldn't even find it in the current list. You say you just got it yesterday ?

You'll have to click the ? in lower right side of screen to start process of moderator intervention. Let them know the plan you wanted. They'll take care of it for you.

Let us know how you make out with it.

You need to submit a ticket to PM with the correct details. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking on the ?.

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

tramvo041

Thank you for your quick reply! 

I'm concerned because my current plan doesn't show the itemized breakdown of the promotion accurately and is missing a few perks. I've attached a couple of screenshots below. Is there anything I can do to ensure that I'm properly enrolled? 

Many thanks! 

Shouldn’t this be listed on my current plan?Shouldn’t this be listed on my current plan?

Am I properly signed up if my plan doesn’t list the promotional items?Am I properly signed up if my plan doesn’t list the promotional items?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Also never make changes if uncertain or without reading all the warnings. This is prepaid service and clicking ok can cost you without reimbursement. If in doubt please come here to confirm before making any change.

Welcome to public mobile

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

As suggested by @Jb456 ...don't try to change your plan now. If you change it, you'll lose whatever balance you have in your plan and you'll pay again for the new plan.

Your available data will show up in Data and Add-ons as 4.5GB + 500MB's...it'll show how much you've used up to now. When you use it all, you'll see nothing available.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@tramvo041 

Please dying change your plan it will void the promo

Making sure that your card is registered will take care of autopay

If toot account doesn't reflect it correctly please contact the moderators

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Be sure to add autopayment to your account so you can get $2 discount per 30 days.

Log into your account and click Payments then manage auto pay. If you need to add a credit card to your account is on bottom left as per screenshot.

Screenshot_20200124_073012.jpg

Also if you signed up with a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus.. that bonus will be applied to your account within 72 hours.

Any other questions you may have feel free to post and we'll help you!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

As for your data question..all data will show under My data and add-ons...so you can keep track of your data...if it's blank in that section it means you used up all your data 

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Do not try to change plans..

If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

You will get credited within 30 days as per the rems of promotion

• This offer is availble for a limited time as of January 20th 2020 12:00AM ET 
  • Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.
Need Help? Let's chat.