cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NEVER GOT THE SIM CARD

lolbbqq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Don't you need someone from public to do sim swap, i.e. you can't get a generic sim from a store or amazon?

Or does the app handle all that even if you plug in a brand new blank sim? 

4 REPLIES 4

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@lolbbqq   Just to clarify because I'm not sure what you mean by generic sim, it does have to be a Public Mobile specific sim card.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @lolbbqq 

I just did a quick write up on how you can do this yourself. Super easy.

Here is how to change your SIM card number on your account.

Log into your account and then click on Profile on the left hand column. Then you will see in the My Phone Number box on the right side of the page. The second line is SIM card Number. Click on the pencil and you can change it there. It’s that easy. See picture below.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1701819380252.png

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @lolbbqq 

Public Mobile is a self service kind of place. You can purchase a SIM card from Amazon and sign up and go to your account and put in a new SIM card any time you want. Pretty easy actually. You don't need any help doing it. If you need help, just come here and we're here to help. We're all customers like you.

@lolbbqq wrote:

Don't you need someone from public to do sim swap, i.e. you can't get a generic sim from a store or amazon?

Or does the app handle all that even if you plug in a brand new blank sim? 

The assistance of a Public Mobile customer support agent isn't need to change SIM cards. Customers need to be performing that task from within the Self Serve account.

Need Help? Let's chat.