Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Missing sim cards

fdsh88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

October 19 here, still nothing. 

10 REPLIES 10

@fdsh88 wrote:

Got a reply from support an hour or two after opening a ticket yesteday. They said the order had just been processed (smh). They said I could purchase a SIM card at the store (without me asking), and as soon as I would activate it, let them know so they would credit my account for the price of their sim card. Ordered the sim Card yesterday on Amazon, got it a couple of minutes ago, activated it, and told support. Hopefully I'll get the credit. Bottom line, I'm up and running less than 24 hours after ordering the sim card from amazon, compared to 2 weeks of waiting after PM (and counting). Thanks for everyone's help.

@fdsh88 , that’s frustrating! Thanks so much for the update. It’s appreciated. Happy you asked for the help in the community from us 1st!

fdsh88

Got a reply from support an hour or two after opening a ticket yesteday. They said the order had just been processed (smh). They said I could purchase a SIM card at the store (without me asking), and as soon as I would activate it, let them know so they would credit my account for the price of their sim card. Ordered the sim Card yesterday on Amazon, got it a couple of minutes ago, activated it, and told support. Hopefully I'll get the credit. Bottom line, I'm up and running less than 24 hours after ordering the sim card from amazon, compared to 2 weeks of waiting after PM (and counting). Thanks for everyone's help.

@DennyCrane   I posted the cheque myself, at a post office.  It was to go to a nearby town 34 kms west of here.  Got a notice that it didn't arrive after six weeks so put a stop on it and drove there with another cheque.  A couple of days later the original one turned up. They have taken a week before to the same address in Ontario.  It appears the mail from here to there goes 250 kms east to Montreal and then back west again to the Ontario town.   I'm not blaming Canada Post for the slow delivery of PM sim cards and anomalies do happen, just that the OP mentioned mail getting from coast to coast in less time than it takes to get from one nearby town to another in this area at least. 

@Phil_Adelphus I'd say that's either an anomaly or whoever sent the cheque didn't send it when they said they did. Similar to a couriers tracking system telling you "Shipper has created a shipping label" does not mean it's been handed off to the courier yet.

I often get involved in mass and ad hoc mailings for the financial institution I work for, and I can tell you first hand that Canada Post has service standards to adhere to. We rely on them for regulatory mailings that have legal deadlines. If all of the sudden 30% of hundreds of thousands of bank cards we mailed out (for example) were 3 weeks late, we'd hear about it. And again, exceptions happen; but there is a theme with shipment of sim cards fulfilled by Public Mobile, and I can confidently say that by and large it's not a Canada Post issue. That narrative around here needs to change, and Public Mobile needs to be held accountable rather than passing the buck. Or be up front about actual fulfillment standards on the PM website.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/articles/lettermail/delivery-standards.page

Not trying to be devil's advocate, I don't know who actually fulfils PM's sim orders or why they can take so long (mine took a week so I was one of the lucky ones), but I recently had an important cheque take six weeks to travel 34 kms with Canada Post!   In previous years it has typically "only" taken a week.  

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@fdsh88 wrote:

October 19 here, still nothing. 

@fdsh88 , ohh I know how frustrating it is! It took over 3 weeks to receive my Public Mobile SIM Card from Public Mobile delivered through Canada Post! Some people get theirs much faster!

After that I ordered them from Amazon (Prime Membership) for $4.99 plus tax & received them within 2 days!

Edit: @fdsh88,

I would send a private message to CS_Agent & ask if they will add credit your account for the SIM Card that you already purchased but haven’t received! Tell them you will either pick one up locally or order it from Amazon to get it quicker. Save the receipt for proof of purchase. Then once the one you ordered from here finally arrives you can keep it as a spare or pass it on some someone along with your referral code to save them a one time $10 credit on their account & you will receive 1 point every 30 days that they stay with Public Mobile 😉!

I forgot to include the links! 😳,

Telus, Koodo, or Mobile Klinik store

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/nb/store-locator

Amazon Canada  $4.99 + tax & free shipping with Amazon Prime

Public Mobile SIM Card on Amazon

@fdsh88 Yup. If you don't have it yet just get one from Amazon and then ask for a refund form PM on the original order.

HI @fdsh88 

you can submit ticket with CS agent for update,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

fdsh88

Ordered on October 19 here, still nothing. Unbelievable.

fdsh88

October 19 here, still nothing. Unbelievable. This has nothing to do with Canada post. Canada post will take at most 2-3 days from one coast to the other. Incompetence by PM is the only reason. If I had known I could have ordered from Amazon, I would have. Lesson learned. 

Need Help? Let's chat.