cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: LG G4 not connected to cellular data

Kevinbonnea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have difficulty to use my data with my lg g4 ... Tryed everything said before... Please help. !! Ive paid one month for data service for nothing.. And ive. Bought an sd card to transfer everything before format ... So.. What can i do more ?

11 REPLIES 11

Dscan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had to set up three LG phones on this network and for all three the only thing that worked was a factory reset. Luckily there is an LG backup feature. So you can easily back your phone up onto an SD card and restore all your apps and messages afterwards. You may be able to fnd another solution but I spent hours on the issue before just taking 10 min to factory reset and restore from backup. Good luck.

bsperanz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

also if you are having troubles with sending out MMS, add the following to the "APN type" field:

default,supl,mms

I had issues with that until that field was filled in. Also, once you fill out everything, remove any old APN and restart your phone. 

bsperanz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I too am an LG G4 user and had issues a couple weeks ago when switching over. What I had to do was set up a new APN because apparently it won't do it automatically. Use the link below to set up the APN

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/settings/933_15_public_mobile_apn_settings_for_lg_g4.php

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

lg phones will require a network settings reset or factory reset to get data working. It's a known feature of these phones.  

This is a great thread for apn.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p...

@Wonder_why wrote:

@will13am I agreed but idiot proof Cat Happy

Not really, there is no such thing as an idiot proof anything.  Best to educate so we all do the "right" thing.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am I agreed but idiot proof Cat Happy

@Wonder_why wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

Try factory default

@will13am using a sledge hammer LMAO 

Well it is.  Factory reset will delete all user apps and data.  Depending on the user, it could take hours to reinstall and set up the user apps.  It would be a lot less painful to identify exactly what setting is in need of adjustment rather than to brute force a complete reset of every setting on the phone. 

Wonder_why

@will13am wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

Try factory default

@will13am using a sledge hammer LMAO 

@Wonder_why wrote:

Try factory default

Factory reset would amount to using a sledge hammer as a nut cracker.  If I am not mistaken, the G4 has a network reset feature.  Even that may not be required.

Wonder_why

Try factory default

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Kevinbonnea,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

Oh no! - sorry to hear that you haven't been able to use your data on the LG G4. First and foremost, have you tried to configure your APN settings? Since this is a new device, it's possible the the APN is not properly set up for the Public Mobile network therefor you'll need to try this out first: Simply click here for more details

If you still require assistance despite setting up the APN, please feel free to send us a private message, we'll be more than happy to help 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Need Help? Let's chat.