cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is the iPhone 12 series compatible?

Guthrie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an iPhone 12 and I do not know how to set it up with PM. I've inserted my Sims card and it asked for a QR code.  Where is the QR code on PM?

46 REPLIES 46

sully
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

you could try and check activate.publicmobile.ca and enter the 19 numbers in the field to see if the SIM is activated or not?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guthrie : Thanks for the good news update. You started out asking about a QR code and took a bit for you to say that the phone did not see the network. Then we could work off of that. Cheers.

@Guthrie  so, they replaced you a new one?  Cool and glad it is a happy ending.

Enjoy your new phone!!

Guthrie

Hello everyone: I just got back from the Apple store with a new iPhone 12, and this time the PM Sim card works perfectly well.  I want to thank you all for your suggestions and advice.  Have a great evening!

@darlicious wrote:

@Guthrie 

Lol...Im glad you have a sense of humour over this! Try not to take too big of a bite out of Apple! 😉

@darlicious  I was to say you are a bit harsh.. Apple is the KING of fruit and you are comparing with Lemon?  LoL

@Guthrie wrote:

Hello: that is a good point. I have tried 3 working Sim cards and they are not working with my iPhone 12.

something not right with your iPhone 12.  You bought it new from Apple?  Easy for a return or exchange?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Guthrie 

Lol...Im glad you have a sense of humour over this! Try not to take too big of a bite out of Apple! 😉

@Guthrie 

Bingo!😃 Little did you know that the apple🍎you bought was actually a lemon🍋!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guthrie wrote:

Hello: that is a good point. I have tried 3 working Sim cards and they are not working with my iPhone 12.

@Guthrie 

your device is defective, and Apple they will exchange under warranty replacement for Free.

don't wait go and take an appointment online with Apple...or visit in person in any Apple Authorized Service Provider they will exchange under warranty replacement for Free.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Guthrie wrote:

Then you have an answer. Your phone is probably defective and it is not detecting physical sim card. I have an iPhone 12 (not mini, but regular one) and all you need to do is just put in card (if phone is unlocked) and it should work. It seems you are being asked for eSim info which you don't have nor you do need. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guthrie : I don't suppose they were Rogers/Fido/Chatr? Have a look at network settings like automatic or not or LTE or 3G. Maybe even see if you can find some mention of GSM and avoid it.

Guthrie

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guthrie : Can you try somebody else's known-working SIM in the phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guthrie wrote:

Hello,

I did go through all the steps.  I just spent 2 hours on the phone with Apple Care: we did a reset, and everything possible, and I cannot get the sim card to work on my phone. I'll go to the Apple store this evening for them to check the phone.

@Guthrie 

your device is defective, and Apple they will exchange under warranty replacement for Free.

Guthrie

Hello: You might be right about the device being defective. I'll find out this evening after I bring the phone back to the Apple store. Thank you.

@Guthrie .. and the SIM still works on the old iPhone or on another phone?

yes, go to the Apple store and have them help.  You paid a premium for iPhone for it's better service.

Guthrie

Hello,

I did go through all the steps.  I just spent 2 hours on the phone with Apple Care: we did a reset, and everything possible, and I cannot get the sim card to work on my phone. I'll go to the Apple store this evening for them to check the phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guthrie 

that issue is not with public mobile, your issue with your device.

and maybe your device defective,

first try to do erase all content and settings Here link,  or  Here link, 

and if is not working,  you have to contact to apple support 

visit Here Link   for iphone 12 mini support repair by warranty canada for Free,

@Guthrie 

What is the date of the last update for your phone? This is a known glitch that is supposed to be fixed by the latest update.  Go thru the steps in this link.....

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201407

Guthrie

Hello: I am new to this community and I am sorry if I am not answering every one.  I have received many replies and appreciate them all. (I have no aversion to answering.  I'm just a bit lost.) I have received instructions from an advisor at PM, instructing me to follow the Apple instructions he included in his response.  So far, I have tried everything that you people have suggested.  It's not working for me. 

My phone is brand new from the Apple store and it has been updated. It's a 12 mini. The PM Sim card works well on my other phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guthrie : But have you followed the suggestions provided here? Please review back in the thread and try/answer the suggestions/questions.

What exact submodel is the phone? Clearly its a phone problem and not a service problem as evidenced by the fact the SIM works fine in another phone. So we're all trying to help you get to the bottom of it.

Guthrie

Hello: for your information, I've followed the instructions from Apple (to remove the card, reinsert it, shut off the phone and restart it), but it's not working. Unfortunately, I still cannot connect to PM.

Guthrie

Hello,

My Sim card works fine on my old phone.  It does not connect in my new phone, the iPhone 12.  I've shut down the phone and restarted it with and without the Sim card in and it does not work for me.  I've followed the instructions on Apple (https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/iphone/iph3f11fba92/ios).  Not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Seems the OP has an aversion to trying/answering things from the peanut gallery. The SIM was fine in their older iphone.

@Guthrie 

I believe you are getting prompted to scan a QR code because your phone is not detecting your pm sim card. Remove your pm sim card. Examine it carefully to see if there is any damage. Gently clean it with a Q-tip and a little alcohol. Reinsert the sim card ensuring it fits snugly in the the sim card slot and it is facing the correct way.

Once inserted go to your settings and check for any software updates while connected to wifi. Once you have downloaded any updates and let your iPhone do its thing see if it now detects your sim card.

If not reset your network settings....if still no joy.....reset all settings. The next suggestion is a factory reset. Before you reset anything confirm that your sim card is still working by testing it in another working phone.

@Guthrie   thanks for the link

Yes, ignore anything about eSIM there.   Just focus on the nano SIM part

Guthrie

Hello again: sorry, the previous screen shot did not look good either. Here is the response from PM

Hi Guthrie,

Silvio right here, happy to help!

First, Public Mobile does not support eSIM functionality and we would recommend to skip that part of the settings.

I have found out this page from Apple: https://apple.co/3l5yhyQ

If you cannot disable or skip eSIM activation process, turn the phone off, remove the physical sim, inserted it back, turn the phone and see if the phone is using it.

If there are still issues, please reach out to Apple support at https://apple.co/2R5AQRZ . You may let them know that Public Mobile does not support eSIM and you want to use only the physical sim card.

I remain at your disposal. Have a great day!

Respectfully yours,
Silvio_M
CS_Agent

Guthrie

Hello: as requested, here is the response from PM:

Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 8.54.14 AM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guthrie : Um...and what about the suggestions you mentioned? Did anything come of those? We'd all like to know for future reference.

@Guthrie  let us know how it goes

can you post the link to the apple page again?  the words are not clear... thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.