cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is the iPhone 12 series compatible?

Guthrie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an iPhone 12 and I do not know how to set it up with PM. I've inserted my Sims card and it asked for a QR code.  Where is the QR code on PM?

46 REPLIES 46

Guthrie

Hello. Thank you everyone for all these suggestions.  I have received the following message from PM, and will see if it works.

Guthrie_0-1633275959774.png

@Guthrie  is your SIM still working on your old iPhone or on another phone?  try it and confirm.

No  worry about incompatibility.  iPhone 12 works on PM.  Just that you are on the wrong page.  You have been on a page to setup eSIM, which PM does not offer.  You just need to make sure the phone setup to use the physical PM SIM.

if you confirmed that your current SIM still works on another phone, try to reseat the sim on your new iPhone.  Try plug into computer and get all the updates from iTune.

Worst case, you are lucky, bring your phone to an Apple Store in your area and they can help you setup your phone using the nano SIM

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guthrie : So there's one line in your post that gives us something...it does not connect to PM. That's a problem that we're looking for. Not the QR.

Is the phone new, never used, out of the box? Or did you buy it used somewhere? Maybe even here.

Have a look at devicecheck.ca

And can you connect to wifi and go into About and check for updates.

@Guthrie   the QR code thing is about eSIM, you were on a page setting up eSIM. 

Guthrie

Hello: I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say that I am in the wrong place.  The phone works perfectly well when I turn it on, but it does not connect to PM.  When I put my SIM  card in the phone, it asks to add a cellular plan by scanning a QR code (which I know now that PM does not have) or by adding the following info manually: SM + DP address plus an activation code and a confirmation code. I'm not sure where to get that info from PM.

@Guthrie   this is about eSIM.  

You have insert your PM nano-SIM into the iPhone and use PM with your physical SIM instead of eSIM

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guthrie : Good of you to search. This thread had a different outcome due to it actually being about tracking data usage...not the QR.

Guthrie

Hello,

I just bought an iPhone 12 and have the same issue you have had.  Were you able to activate your phone manually?  I do not know what the SM + DP address mean.  Where do I find this information?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guthrie : You're in the wrong place in your phone. Did you do a full restart? Did any messages come up? Do any services work? What caused you to go into that screen?

Guthrie

Hello.

I've always had an iPhone and never had any problem moving my Sim card from one phone to the next. But with the iPhone 12 it is different.  Since PM does not have a QR code, I am asked to fill out the following info manually: SM + DP address and activation code.  I do not know what that means or where to find this information on the PM site. 

@Guthrie 

You need to connect to wifi and check for updates first. Did you have an iPhone before? Apple ID?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guthrie : Right. I was suggesting not to go there. So what happens when you power off the phone and restart it. Like full restart. Not sleep.

Guthrie

Hello.

After inserting my sim card into the iPhone 12, I followed "Settings/Cellular/Add Cellular Plan".  This is when it asks to scan a QR code or to set it up manually by adding a DP address and an activation number. 

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guthrie : Nobody else is jumping in. There must be a setting to enable the SIM rather than trying to use the eSIM. Did you try to go in to Settings/Cellular/Add Cellular Plan? That's one quick thing I found. Maybe not use that area.

Guthrie

Thank you. 

I don't know what to do. I have a nano sim card that worked well with my old iphone on PM.  I inserted my nano Sim card in the iphone 12 and it asks for a QR code or a manual setting (with DP address and activation code).  It's very annoying as I don't know where to find this info on PM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guthrie : QR code has to do with the eSIM. This place doesn't support eSIM's. But I don't do Apple so someone else can help there.

Need Help? Let's chat.