Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I want to talk to a human

lostinspace1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i changed my mind and want to re open my account

16 REPLIES 16

@lostinspace1234 wrote:

july 14?i have found the account,now i just need to change credit card number,but it doesnt show any option to do that???

here you are

softech_0-1627420165154.png

@lostinspace1234 

You can also find "manage my card" in the middle of the payment page under the credit card # box. In both cases they are in teeny tiny lettering. Here's some advice on adding a card to your account.

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

Payments...."manage account" at the bottom. 

lostinspace1234

july 14?i have found the account,now i just need to change credit card number,but it doesnt show any option to do that???

@lostinspace1234 

When was the last time you were able to call or text on your phone?

Is your PM sim card in the phone??

Can you not access your MY Account??

lostinspace1234

it wont even let me call 611

@lostinspace1234 

Even if you do not have active service you can always call 611 unless your phone has been suspended via lost/stolen. Your phone may have been suspended due to non payment so the only number you can call is 611 ( or 911). If you have not had any service for 90 days and you have not made a payment then your account will be cancelled and deactivated and you will lose your phone number.

Call 611 from your phone....it will give you your basic account info. Or call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number it will give you the same info as 611.

@lostinspace1234 

As mentioned above, each account should have its own email address.  Your account should still be available, but access to the account is not available because it was not set up properly. You will need to contact moderator to help fix your account issues.  

I have started your own thread and merged the different replies.  Please just reply to this thread if you have any further questions or concerns.  

As said ... one account closure cannot close two PM accounts. 

If you still have access to My Account for each phone number, log on and find the status of the accounts. Your son cannot close an account unless he went through a MOD and who knows if that can happen. You can remove auto-pay and from there it would take 90 days to see your account dissolve. See if the accounts are in "suspend" status. 

Then we can help. 

@lostinspace1234 wrote:

i cannot call 611 or message as my phone is not active.my son deleted his account 2 weeks ago which had my phone acct and has a new provider so he cannot contact public mobile either.how can we access the closed account or talk to public to reopen mine?

As stated in other posts. Your son’s account has nothing to do with your account. If you do not know your account log in information for self service contact a moderator.

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

lostinspace1234

i cannot call 611 or message as my phone is not active.my son deleted his account 2 weeks ago which had my phone acct and has a new provider so he cannot contact public mobile either.how can we access the closed account or talk to public to reopen mine?

@lostinspace1234 wrote:

my son closed his acct without realizing it closed my phone too.how do i reactivate my phone?

Each phone number is only associated with 1 account number. If your son closed out his account..it shouldn't have affected your separate account. Maybe his credit card was paying for your account and now that card has expired ?

You can call 611 and listen to get the latest status of your account.

@lostinspace1234 wrote:

my son closed his acct without realizing it closed my phone too.how do i reactivate my phone?

Are you both on Public Mobile? Each account is separate. Closing one account by porting out your number or not paying for 90 days does not affect the other account. Could you give us more details on what happened.

lostinspace1234

lostinspace1234

how?????????????????????????

Need Help? Let's chat.