cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HOWTO: Purchasing Add-ons

MaraDeb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just want to let everyone know that the US add on works maybe 10% of the time. I tried to get a refund and PM said T Mobile has us on the 2G network when we go to the states and that doesn't really work. They will not refund you for the terrible to non existent coverage.

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MaraDeb 

Unless you went to Alaska then that's a whole different kind of fish with basically no fish in it.

But really the only main issue at hand here is voice calling data and text should be working fine and has been for the most part with the odd issue here and there.

But I will reiterate there's no reason you should not open another support ticket or send a private message and explain your situation and ask for a credit. Sometimes you just have to be like a dog with a bone. And then ask for an extra bone because of all the effort you had to put into keeping your first bone.

And if you want help with a ccts complaint I can help with that too.

@MaraDeb wrote:

This link says the service basically does not work and yet you still offer it and accept payment for it and then refuse to refund when it doesn't work (as you expected)

Some competitors have stopped offering roaming because of the 3G network shutdown.  Performance can be variable.  If you are not satisfied with how your case is handled, the CCTS is always a final option.  

MaraDeb

I have spoken with customer service. They said the service basically does not work and yet you still offer it and accept payment for it and then refuse to refund / credit when it doesn't work (as you expected)

MaraDeb

This link says the service basically does not work and yet you still offer it and accept payment for it and then refuse to refund when it doesn't work (as you expected)

MaraDeb

Yes - and so maybe you shouldn't be offering this service since it does not work

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MaraDeb 

Yes currently right now public mobiles US Roaming add-ons are a little incomplete with voice only working on the 2G T-Mobile network. Whereas everybody else who is not a first tier provider doesn't offer any US roaming at all.

I suggest you contact customer support again and explain the issue and ask for a credit rather than a refund.

But what may be helpful for future reference or even as a reference before you talk to the customer support is to read this thread on US roaming.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

Need Help? Let's chat.