cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HORRIBLE

Simmyd30
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I get help for a friend who ported their number in to Public Mobile and now does not have service, no data, no text messages and no phone calls can be made

5 REPLIES 5

rjemcfadden

I went through this process just yesterday.  Once I received messages from my old provider (Rogers) verifying the request for porting, I was informed of success about 2 hours later.  I was able to insert the PM SIM, and was receiving/making phone calls after restarting my phone (turning off and on), but I did not have access to data for browsing, nor could I send text messages.  I submitted a ticket (as @hTideGnow  has suggested here) and I heard back within an hour.  The agent said "I did a refresh in the backend, please restart the device now, or take the sim card out of the device and place it back in if possible."  After a restart, the data and messaging problem was solved.

@Simmyd30 

Did you/she leave the old SIM in the phone? There will be a text from her old carrier confirming she is porting over to PM. There will be a 90 minute window to reply with YES.

If she missed to the reply then porting will be in limbo.

If she did reply, the old SIM will continue to work for about 2 hours then power off the phone and switch to the PM SIM.

If all fails then she needs to submit a ticket to an agent by clicking on the Chat icon and type in Submit a Ticket.

HI @Simmyd30 

if she trusts you, you can login My Account as her to open the ticket

But also remember to use her account to check reply from CS agent, which usually within 2 to 4 hours

Simmyd30

Again, since the port took place, she has not data and cannot log in to anything without data connectivity.  She is not home but at work and cannot log in to a computer to do this.  That is why I am reaching out.  When we tried to do this last night, it kept sending the verification as text message to her phone that she cannot get and her email does the same.  She cannot get into anything which is why I am reaching out.  Can someone call her?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Simmyd30 

please ask your friend to login the community, using the same email and password as My Account

Then with his login, he can  submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

Need Help? Let's chat.