cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: First Unread Posts

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

For some reason this is not working for me as of today. Now it's not so easy to figure out new/unread posts that i haven't read. 

@David_J

12 REPLIES 12

@David_Jwrote:

@wetcoaster @NDesai If you would like to open a thread titled something like "Community Technical Issues" or something similar, I'll take these away and work to resolve them as they appear.

Done. Please sticky/pin that topic so its easier for everyone to find. 

@wetcoaster @NDesai If you would like to open a thread titled something like "Community Technical Issues" or something similar, I'll take these away and work to resolve them as they appear.

@NDesai - nice work! I have forwarded your post off to Lithium for them to address and update the code. Thanks for digging into the issue.

I am awaiting a response from Lithium and will update you when I receive.

David_J

Thanks for looking into this, @NDesai!

@wetcoasterwrote:

@David_Jwrote:

@NDesai - Lithium did update the Community version last night so potentially your experience is related. I'll let them know.

David_J

@David_J

Not sure if we should have a seperate thread for problems with the forum? I found that quoting is quite inconsistend lately. In this particular thread it brings up the user name that I'm quoting in the quote, but I noticed on several others today that it would only say "wrote" without the user handle followed by the quoted text. So, unless I'm tagging the addressee of my reply, other posters might not be sure who I mean.

In the grand scheme of things a small problem, I know. It would nevertheless be nice to see it fixed.

Thank you.

I decided to test this. Seems like they brought new little feature that automatically tags user on the quote so they get the notification without us manually adding the tag. I was hoping for this feature a while back so whenever someone quotes you, you get the notification. Before when user quotes your reply and don't tag you, you don't know about that unless you browse that topic. 

So with the new change, i found the error. There is an error with automatic tag where in the html tag, userid number has a comma. For example, a user with id 2323 is listed as 2,323 and that is why the RichText doesn't recognize the comma. If you manually tag a user, there will be no comma in the userid and it works. So for now, change to HTML editor (not available on mobile site) and remove that comma from the userid or manually tag.  

@David_J This should be a easy fix. Please make it happen 🙂

@David_Jwrote:

@NDesai - Lithium did update the Community version last night so potentially your experience is related. I'll let them know.

David_J

@David_J

Not sure if we should have a seperate thread for problems with the forum? I found that quoting is quite inconsistend lately. In this particular thread it brings up the user name that I'm quoting in the quote, but I noticed on several others today that it would only say "wrote" without the user handle followed by the quoted text. So, unless I'm tagging the addressee of my reply, other posters might not be sure who I mean.

In the grand scheme of things a small problem, I know. It would nevertheless be nice to see it fixed.

Thank you.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Yes I agree, It has been messy a bit for me, but it has been for days now (at least for me) 

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

LOL this cracked me up.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Oracle fight!!! 🙂

But thanks for the post as I was wondering what I messed up because I was getting logged out, all unread, all read, etc. myself.

@Luddite LOL, i was just updating my old topic Smiley LOL

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@NDesai You have posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum  (which I have done for you today), or sending a private message directly to the moderators. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

David_J
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

David_J

Need Help? Let's chat.