cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Credit Card Payments still not working?

pschnurr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, my account is suspended for some reason.  It says I need to make a payment but it also says that I have an $18.00 credit, so something isnt adding up.  I just updated my credit card details but that doesnt seem to fix the issue.  I need this fixed ASAP

16 REPLIES 16

@pschnurr 

If you try to add a card or process a payment too many times or use the same card more than four times in 24 hours it will flag the card as a possible fraudulent transaction. Do not attempt more than two payment attempts per hour of time. At this point you may have had your card locked for fraud. Try again in the morning if unsuccessful contact the moderators to remove the fraud lock ancd add the card for you. You can then make a manual top up. Use this as a guide.....

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

@pschnurr wrote:

Every time I try to add my new credit card to the file it says 'unable to process transaction' and gives me an error message.  Ive tried adding money from my debit card too, and nothing seems to work. I can't stand this lack of support.  I might just switch providers because this is absurd.

Hello @pschnurr 

Still having issues eh?

We are all members like you that usually can help trouble shoot with issues just like this to get you all fixed up.

Try accessing your Self Serve account through an incognito tab. If this is a finicky website issue this could help.

IF still issues after this and other's suggestions, contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

BlueMoonCat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can you share the exact error message? I was actually just dealing with such a problem, so if the error message you got was the same as mine, then I think I know the issue.

@pschnurr  wrote:

Every time I try to add my new credit card to the file it says 'unable to process transaction' and gives me an error message.  Ive tried adding money from my debit card too, and nothing seems to work. I can't stand this lack of support.  I might just switch providers because this is absurd.

You still haven't told us what plan are you on so we can tell you what the issue is. As for the payment not going through, try using incognito/private browsing mode and see if it works. If not, you have an option to purchase PM voucher from local stores like London Drugs, Walmart, Superstore, Gas stations or online at recharge.com

pschnurr

@pschnurr 

Are you on the $25 plan? The $18 is showing as available funds? You need to make a payment of at least $7 if your plan is $25. Better yet add $1 extra to the difference between your available funds and your plan amount.

You must do this manually. The only time the credit card on file will charged automatically is one time at renewal if you don't have enough in your account balance to cover your plan amount. Don't choose amount owing, choose other amount and add amount owing +$1.($8?) Confirm and submit the payment. If it does not automatically deduct your plan amount from your balance and renew then follow @NDesai advice and suspend your service via lost/stolen found on the plans or usage pages. Once suspended log out/in. Resume your service and you should have active service again.

You can also pay thru 611 with a credit card but you must know your 4 digit account pin # to do so. Or with voucher that does not require your account pin #. 611 payments will automatically renew your service.

Screenshot_20210725-124020~2.png

@pschnurr What plan are you on? If that $18 is showing in your self-serve account as available balance, is that amount enough for renewal? If yes, try to enable/disable Lost/stolen phone feature. This sometimes triggers the renewal if it was stuck for some reason. If $18 is not enough to renew, you will need to manually add some $ to your account by making a payment. 

@pschnurr 

Please do not bother with the laundry list response!! It is full of suggestions that are pointless to follow. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pschnurr wrote:

Hi, my account is suspended for some reason.  It says I need to make a payment but it also says that I have an $18.00 credit, so something isnt adding up.  I just updated my credit card details but that doesnt seem to fix the issue.  I need this fixed ASAP

@pschnurr 

first if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about a 1 minute and put it back on,

and you can try it for a different Browser
and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

and Restart your computer, is will help.

and If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.
  7. what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pschnurr wrote:

What plan are you on? The $18 will be used first and then to auto pay IF your plan has more than $18 to pay. The $18 showing has had taxes paid. When is your exact payment date? Does your My Account day Dynamic Auto Pay is in place? If your payment day has passed, what does your $ transactions say?

pschnurr

It says that my credit card cannot be charged but offers no reason or solution.  I need to talk to someone from Public Mobile but do not know how

@pschnurr   you are not posting to PM staff here. This is an open forum.  We are just customers like you but we can help.. 

check what I posted above..   and provide us more information. . maybe screenshot form your My Account  (make sure you cross out personal info..)

pschnurr

can you please resolve this for me?  My phone is currently not working and I need this figured out

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@pschnurr 

you posted on another thread already.  You might want to start a new thread for yourself instead of tagging on other's old thread

you said you have $18 credit, is that showing as Available Fund on My Account?

did you successfully added the credit card on the system?  if so, you might want to wait just a bit and try to process a manual payment 

Worst case, you might consider getting a voucher from retail or going via retail instant top up

@pschnurr   you said you have $18 credit, is that showing as Available Fund on My Account?

did you successfully added the credit card on the system?  if so, you might want to wait just a bit and try to process a manual payment 

Worst case, you might consider getting a voucher from retail or going via retail instant top up

pschnurr

Need Help? Let's chat.