cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cancel Service

zain12qa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my number online through pubic mobile from virgin mobile. They still charged me on the next bill and when I called their representative they said Public Mobile has not cancelled the previous line. My new public mobile phone number is working. How do I get public mobile to "cancel" the previous line?

9 REPLIES 9

InfamousGirl

@Anonymous wrote:

@zain12qa 

your stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%. mcdvoice

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

I like the way you made this article. Short but juicy. Thanks for sharing!

@zain12qa

Call your phone number from another phone...does it ring thru to your phone? Does the virgin sim card still work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zain12qa 

your stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

@zain12qa 

@zain12qa wrote:

Yes,I have been using the phone for 5 days. It was successful.

We  replie yes to the virgin mobile request to confirm but that wouldnt go through. Other texts go fine from the old number on the new public mobile sim card.

I can try to put the old virgin mobile sim in but how will two sim cards have the same phone number?

Key question is either you are able to receive texts and calls with your new PM SIM card/account?

Technically, both VM and PM SIM cards can be assigned the same number.  However, only one SIM card will be able to receive phone calls and text.  Both SIM cards can call out and send texts.  You can remove your PM SIM card and try to put in the VM SIM card to see whether that works. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zain12qa : So you left the Virgin SIM in and got the text and replied to it? But you say something about this didn't work? Was this after the 90 minute window after the transfer request?

Incoming calls are the last thing to transfer.

zain12qa

Yes,I have been using the phone for 5 days. It was successful.

We  replie yes to the virgin mobile request to confirm but that wouldnt go through. Other texts go fine from the old number on the new public mobile sim card.

I can try to put the old virgin mobile sim in but how will two sim cards have the same phone number?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@zain12qa 

Are you certain that the port was successful?  Are you able to receive phone calls or texts at your old number?  Sometimes the port was stuck.  If you still have your old Virgin mobile SIM card, try to put in your phone to see whether you have active Virgin mobile service.   

With the port, Virgin mobile might send you a text to confirm your port request.  Did you respond to the port request text?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zain12qa : Did you reply to the confirmation text from Virgin? If so then they would have closed the account. Not Public Mobile. If you never replied then your port did not finish and your other account continues on.

But then you say new number. Are you using your old number from Virgin or did you select a new number from here?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@zain12qa   Check your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right, I will send you a number to call.   That is porting team, you can contact them to cancel the porting request.

Also, after this is taken care of here, you might want to cancel Virgin after

Need Help? Let's chat.