Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can’t use internet when on a call

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

@AdrianG ,

Are these areas that you have had good connection previously ?

Perform a Network reset, follow these steps.

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > Reset.
  2. Tap Reset Network Settings.
  3. Type in the device password if prompted.
  4. Confirm selection.

If necessary after trouble shooting is not working maybe Moderators can help?

I believe we should not always refer clients of PM asking help in this forum to MODerators.

What is the point of forum then?

Lets try to resolve (and learn at the same time) customers' issue and if everything fails then refer them to MODs.

13 REPLIES 13

@srlawren 

Thank you I didn't notice this was moved....dang subject titles..

@Yummy 

Would you mind changing the thread title to reflect the content of the thread? thx

@ShawnC13 

You can ignore my request as I see it's been moved but my reply still applies to my point and acts as a reply to your post a couple of threads over......

@softech wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

Great idea! I will suggest that every post automatically comes with how to contact moderators at the bottom of each post. 

Pretty certain PM will not do this if you meant have PM to add this to every post..

the purpose of Community is to cut down the work for mod..  for example in Simon, they purposely make it hard to get to the spot to open ticket with mod.. cos PM just don't want you to contact them unless it is absolutely necessary...

@softech 

Are you preaching to the choir? So--Someone needs to communicate this to members who insist on adding this info to almost every one of their posts. In my view this is blatantly Seeking--Solutions based on past experience. Members that have a high Solution--Success precentage compared to post count almost always employ this practice of copy and pasting directly from the help articles and/or the contact the CSA's/mods.

My point being is to prevent members from immediately slapping the "contact the mods" info in their first or second post and moving on to the next question/thread or if they stick around to try and actually help the OP it evens the playing field so to speak. Sure--Sometimes contacting the CSA's is immediately obvious but the majority of the time what the OP needs is an explanation of the cause, troubleshooting, ways of preventing the issue from occurring, reassurance and then maybe ultimately actual contact with the CSA's to fix the account side of the issue. 

Every OP problem is a teaching moment for the community. It's our opportunity to encourage the customer who has found the community for the first time to come here for help. Invite them to just visit once in a while to stay up to date or look up a couple nagging questions in the search bar, get over their fear of technology (look ma no hands!!🤗), offer mentorship or a private ear to listen to their concerns.

PM is based on DIY service....like Home Depot for home owners. If you want an interior designer for your mobile service you go to telus not PM. We need to engage public's customers and show them they can do this.....yes changing a faucet or painting a wall can be intimidating at first but if you show someone how to do it and cheer them on they will give it a go and 90% of them will realize it not as hard as they thought and are willing to learn all kinds of new things. The will also learn other things like electrical is best left to the pro's or the paid employees....the CSA's. 

Unfortunately the Oracle team has a narrow view of the community and it's purpose and what kind of help we should offer and if it should be rewardable or not. They can arbitrarily move what they deem inappropriately rewardable help to the lounge yet allow this Solution--Silliness to continue instead of exercising their privileges to reassign "contact the mods" solutions to the explanation, cause, troubleshooting method and/or fix of the issue and add a note of CSA contact being necessary if needed. By not doing this they are contributing to the problem of certain community members, the search bar itself and solutions themselves overwhelmingly teaching customers the way to fix their problem is to come to the community and find a way to contact the CSA's and once they find out that info every question, problem, complaint and general inquiry they have can skip the community "B.S." and go straight to customer service.

This obsession that some community members and oracles have that those receiving the help shouldn't receive community rewards, nor non direct help threads like discussions on phone related topics that are not specifically pm related or as my thread acceptable apps or NOT?!! was meant to point out is the more customers engaged in participating in the community the more they are learning how to self manage their service, self serve account and the operation of their device.

Who cares if the help or info we provide is about fongo or text now or which phone has a better camera? If any one of these subjects engages the customer long enough to start poking around in other threads and reply or bravo or ask a question it's one less ticket sent to the CSA's and if that same customer get a $1 reward that is a powerful incentive to continue to visit the community and far cheaper than the expense of each ticket created and replied to by the customer service department.

It's about value for money spent. I shouldn't have to show the statistics for help received by the top 3 contributors levels compared to the Oracle team. 15 - 20 community members vs 9 oracles with the same allocation of reward $$ amounts = $140 - $180 vs $180.   Solutions 372 vs 58  I could go on...

Yeah, yeah, yeah.... I know oracles do things we don't see but the ones that are not know who they are.... do consistently low stats of 7/27/0 or 9/24/1 warrant $20 a month?  If PM spends $100 more giving out 25 more top 25% rewards and 50 more top 50% rewards because the community has encouraged 75 more customers to explore and learn from the community rather than contact the CSA's the savings are significant.

That first $2 reward I was awarded with that I then had to fight tooth and nail with a moderator to try and recieve into my account balance was an extremely darlicious carrot. How much money have I saved pm by the customers I have helped and the accounts I manage? That two years ago this week every one of my friends would died laughing if you told them that I could help you fix your phone issue let alone a myriad of issues I can now help with.

Anyways....that was the point of my non-/s and unemojied post and my other thread....which maybe an Oracle like @ShawnC13 might want to come along see my point and merge the off-topic parts of this thread into my Yay and Nay apps thread or hey the Abyss if so warranted.😃

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

Great idea! I will suggest that every post automatically comes with how to contact moderators at the bottom of each post. 

Pretty certain PM will not do this if you meant have PM to add this to every post..

the purpose of Community is to cut down the work for mod..  for example in Simon, they purposely make it hard to get to the spot to open ticket with mod.. cos PM just don't want you to contact them unless it is absolutely necessary...

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

Any member is free to send a private message to any number of PM managers. I have exercised that option many times in the past and will continue to do so in the future. I never submit tickets.

@darlicious 

Sure, this is a direct method to get info. from staff you are more trusting of, and will likely get less painful back and forths.

So, don't blame you for avoiding regular ticketing methods.

Rest assured though, I would say this way is just as 'costly'/'timely' from a Process Flow in an organization, such as this one. The ticketing process may be used as a measurement of success, and how well this system works from a customer service level perspective. It can also be used as an allocation of service responsibilities/topics, and proper escalation methods.

If you are directing many inquiries directly to PM staff, many of these measurements may be lost, affecting the integrity of their success and system they are using.

Now, if they have some way to create an internal ticket when a member Private Messages a PM Staff member, that would be a good thing.

I do feel it can come off as condescending if you post/support NOT recommending contacting Moderators (of course, some instances seems obvious to support against this; but others, not so much); when in fact, you freely pop in Private Message to Moderators on a regular basis anyway.

I am sorry, that may come off as rude. I do have for you what Aretha Franklin's famous song states: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

Great idea! I will suggest that every post automatically comes with how to contact moderators at the bottom of each post. That way we can ensure each and every post

This will make each post unnecessary long. So you would post 'thank you' and boom - few more lines will be added 'To contact MODs you can..., etc.'. It will be like default wording in most corporate world - after your signature goes 'this is private and confidential, blah, blah, blah' 5 lines or more of nothings.

How-to contact MODs are actually very simple. Just click on Get Help on top of this page, scroll down to 'We're here to help.', type 'moderator' and pick very first suggestion (you do not have to even click on Search). What you get is 5 lines of what everybody pastes in their posts 'how to contact moderators'.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : lol My giant tl;dr...your idea is much better. Right up top. Or the first thing you see when you click Get Help. Not the stupid chatbot. _Nobody_ likes a stupid chatbot.

@Anonymous  yup, that pretty much sums up the roundabout methods for help around here.

When I activated from a friend who was already a customer, all i knew was that there was no PM store/retail locations. I didn't realize customer service was all online (with no phone number)....of course, that was the learning curve i caught up on - which I am fine with of course.

A big POPUP (or add to the top HEADER of Shop, Gets Started, Activated, Get Help), that says "CUSTOMER SERVICE", and when it opens says:

1-Community Forum (where fellow members can quickly help solve your issue)

2-SIMon Bot ('robot computer' where you may get your answers from here or submit ticket to PM reps.)

3-Private Message PM reps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : Or a pop-up. But I think it should focus more on the immediate responses available here and _then_ give the reasons and all the info for contacting the mods.

I don't at all remember how I came in to the community. I had activated. And maybe I was wandering around the site and stumbled across the community. I had already been well familiar with forums so that was an easy pick up.

But for others who aren't internet savvy or where to go or activated in a store...how do they land here and what do they see?

The home page is all marketing (I suppose as it should be).

The four main links up top... Ok. I already have phone and SIM. I'm already activated so that's those two links. Get Help - alright lets go there. Bam..stupid chatbot. Seriously?! I'm not chatting with a stupid robot.

Then a search method. I typed in "I can't change SIM". I get a blank. Hmm. Seems the search isn't working. Back. 

Ok an index link. So now I need to figure out how the problem I have is talked about. Nope. No mention of changing SIM. Alright what's next.

Something about a community. Still no mention of changing SIM so how do I ask? Ok..Self-serve maybe? I see a list of topics. What do the green checks mean? So like what...I gotta scroll through a million topics? Ok. there's a search bar there. Oh man really? Now I gotta plough through a bunch of results. Crap. So how do I ask my question? At the top of the search results there's no mention of how to ask. Do I read a topic? That title looks kinda similar but it's not exactly what I was looking for. Oh look a Reply button. (and thus a question gets tacked on to an existing thread)

This is assuming a flow through process rather than have a look and go back.

It's no wonder some people arrive frustrated as heck. So I'm going to suggest that a pop-up happens when clicking on a Reply button ... or of course when clicking on Ask a question. Whenever the url is called for (minus message id etc) a pop up happens. That could be where the community can be touted first seeing as how they found their way there...and then a link to the hated chatbot and a link to the private messaging.

@esjliv 

Any member is free to send a private message to any number of PM managers. I have exercised that option many times in the past and will continue to do so in the future. I never submit tickets.

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

Great idea! I will suggest that every post automatically comes with how to contact moderators at the bottom of each post. That way we can ensure each and every post from every member communicates to every other member how this is done. That way if a customer can't be bothered to explain the issue to us they can immediately contact the moderators for whatever issue they may have.....so much less copy and pasting.....So--Soon posts containing every trouble shooting trick in the book can follow that up.

@darlicious what do you mean "I will suggest"?

Are you attending some PM meeting? Or, submitting a ticket to add the suggestion?

----------

I feel the Moderators Contact Info. should be, front and center, available on the header of the community page or PM's home page, as a floater banner or something. 

Not so much, on every post that is posted in threads (that would definitely clutter topics).

For cripes sakes, the methods to contact Moderators are in the Help Articles, for all to see! But some members don't even know help articles exist or how to use them.

I say, have Moderator contact info. readily available - BUT, it must be clear on suggesting when to submit tickets...something like....

"Contact Public Mobile Customer Service Representatives (Moderators) here: (such and such link info.) for issues that have not or cannot be resolved on this 'Extremely Helpful'  (😜) Community Forum (who are users and members of Public Mobile...not PM representatives). "

I don't mind as long as the answer is not "There is only one way to fix your issue, contact Mod"...

@esjliv 

Great idea! I will suggest that every post automatically comes with how to contact moderators at the bottom of each post. That way we can ensure each and every post from every member communicates to every other member how this is done. That way if a customer can't be bothered to explain the issue to us they can immediately contact the moderators for whatever issue they may have.....so much less copy and pasting.....So--Soon posts containing every trouble shooting trick in the book can follow that up.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy wrote:

If necessary after trouble shooting is not working maybe Moderators can help?

I believe we should not always refer clients of PM asking help in this forum to MODerators.

What is the point of forum then?

Lets try to resolve (and learn at the same time) customers' issue and if everything fails then refer them to MODs.

@AdrianG glad @Twopennybuffalo  fixed this up for you. 😀

@Yummy 

I do believe many people can get issues resolved by help from others in the Community Forum, no doubt.

I also believe Moderators sometimes don't know what they are doing when it comes to certain requests and or issues, no doubt. 

Referring to Moderators seems like such a touchy subject around here. Although, I do agree in some cases.

IF there WAS a customer service phone number for PM, would we keep it a secret - NO.

I have no doubt many regulars have and are still contacting the Moderators on varies times for issues and/or for information - PLENTY. So why can't other members have the right to do so?

So, yes, members can suggest help and troubleshooting for sure on the Community Forum and this is a valid source of solving issues/problems.

But to have Moderators contact info. is the right of each member. The member does not need to choose to go this route - remember this part. They should really not be choosing 'contact moderators' as a solution, if someone already nailed the true issue on the head in the thread.

Perfect example, is this Post!

Also, if a member has an issue, and posts in the forum, having pages and pages of sometimes convoluted posts can not only be frustrating and confusing for members, but very time consuming (especially, if it is a possible provisioning issue or account correction that can only be reset on PM's side).

@Yummy You do you.

I will do me.

Need Help? Let's chat.