Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't receive phone calls or text messages

1roland1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can't receive calls or send and receive texts...help! thanks

9 REPLIES 9

@Bottomshelf 

No additional assistance is needed for postpaid koodo accounts but koodo prepaid accounts must take a temporary number before contacting the moderators to complete the number transfer. Phone numbers from koodo prepaid accounts are simply transferred between accounts as pm and koodo prepaid share the same back end system....no porting required.

Bottomshelf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BKNS27 wrote:

If you are porting over from Telus or Koodo, there is a separate steps. Your will get a temporary number and wait for a pm from Telus that the porting is completed.

This was my experience in porting over my spouse's monthly Koodo plan: After sim card activation and message from Koodo to confirm porting, a temporary phone number was not needed.

Basically followed information from here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

YiggiTR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

First thing I suggest is to shut-down your phone completely, remove sim card then turn phone on again and keep the phone on for a while so your phone can be aware that there is no sim card. 

Afterwards, turn your phone off again and insert the sim card, it should work for new phone plans (new phone number).

If you transferred phone carriers, then you have to keep your old sim card at least till you receive a confirmation of the transfer, some carriers will not send a confirmation of the transfer, so wait at least 24h then insert the new sim card and it should work.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Thanks for the correction.....edited and done.

Koodo prepaid accounts need a moderators to port a number over to Public.  I know - it's confusing.  I couldn't tell you why PC Mobile causes the issue when Telus's PC  Mobile customers were all postpaid customers. 

@computergeek541 

Thanks for the correction.....edited and done.

@darlicious wrote:

@1roland1 

Do you still need help?

@BKNS27 

The extra steps are now only required for koodo and pc mobility prepaid accounts. Telus prepaid/postpaid and koodo postpaid porting can be done upon activation or from within your account.

When it comes to PC Mobile, it's actually the former postpaid accounts that Public Mobile is referring to. PC Mobile prepaid has always been (and stil is) run by Bell Mobility.  There are no longer any PC Mobile postpaid customers as that division of Telus was shut down and all customers remaining customers were moved over to Koodo. The announcement made by Public Mobile makes references to Koodo customers who were former PC Mobile customers.

@1roland1 

Do you still need help?

@BKNS27 

The extra steps are now only required for koodo and pc mobility postpaid accounts. Telus prepaid/postpaid and koodo postpaid porting can be done upon activation or from within your account.

Edit: pc post from pre-paid accounts.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@1roland1 if you tried porting, it maybe incomplete. You must keep your old SIM card in the phone and wait for a text from your old carrier and confirm with a YES that you are porting over to PM.

Then power off the phone and remove the old SIM then install the PM SIM and power the phone back on.

If you are porting over from Telus or Koodo, there is a separate steps. Your will get a temporary number and wait for a pm from Telus that the porting is completed.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@1roland1 

Have you just ported your number in?

Can you call and connect to 611 from your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.