cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Big News: We just launched even better rate plans!

rogue17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan now is $2 cheaper for new customers. If I can't get this newer and cheaper plan then might as well change to Lucky Mobile. At least they have a phone number where you can talk to an agent. Also Lucky is cheaper than Public is currently offering if Public does not allow me to switch to the newer plan.

24 REPLIES 24

@rogue17  How long have you been with PM? Many stay with PM for all the rewards that they offer where other providers don't as it lowers your bill.

If you're new with PM on your 13th payment date you'll start earning a loyalty reward of $1. So The $25 plan minus $2 auto-pay minus $1 loyalty would bring you to $22.

Screenshot_20201107_200057.jpg

Each friend you refer to PM also gives you $1 off per 30 days as long as they remain active.

Then you have the community forums. If you have free time and decide to help others you may earn a reward every month depending on how much you post and are active on the forums. You can earn up to $15 per month just for answering questions. The $20 is reserved for Oracle's.

I'll take my plan for example. I switched down to the $15 plan as over time with PMs free gifts that they have sometimes I've accumulated data add-ons and extra minutes. So switching down to the $15 plan made sense to me to use up my add-ons.

With all the rewards PM  offers and the community forums. If I stop posting today my next bill out of pocket that I'd have to pay is like June 2022. Yes 2022 lol. I have 2021 already free 😃

No other provider can compare to that not even Lucky but you're always free to switch providers whenever you like. 

I hope you stay though!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rogue17 wrote:

Ok I didn't know that the $23 already had the $2 off for auto pay. 

Thanks

Still with Lucky, not everyone needs Canada Wide calling. 

But you pay less for it here anyway.???

rogue17

Ok I didn't know that the $23 already had the $2 off for auto pay. 

Thanks

Still with Lucky, not everyone needs Canada Wide calling. 

@rogue17 wrote:

Yes they do get a better deal. New customers now get the $23 plan - rewards

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans/25for500MB-3Gspeed

I am paying $25-rewards

I can understand where this can be confusing. I think only Quebec plans are the only ones listed like this (which I found confusing when I first seen it too!).

It is not $23 - $2 = $21.

It is $25 - $2(with autopay) = $23.

esjliv_0-1604699013044.png

@rogue17  there is no new plan in Quebec.

Public mobile just displays the plan differently in Quebec.

Screenshot_20201106_163622.jpg

It displays as $23 but NOTICE it says Auto-pay Required. Meaning it's $23 if you use auto-pay for the $2 discount. The terms and conditions also say this.

Screenshot_20201106_163802.jpg

If you find a better deal at another provider you can also choose to leave PM. PM is prepaid so there are no extra fees for cancelling your account. Just transfer your number over to a other company and the system will automatically close your account.

I looked at Luckys plan. I see a $22 plan for Quebec calling only not Canada wide like PM. They also don't offer all the rewards like PM but as mentioned you're free to do as you wish.

Screenshot_20201106_163501.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rogue17 wrote:

I am paying $25-rewards

That plan would not get you another $2 for autopay. It's being promoted with autopay already discounted.

Where do you see $23 at Lucky? I only see $25 and no rewards. They offer "extra" data for autopay. Not discounts.

@rogue17 wrote:

I am paying $25-rewards

@rogue17 OMG! That is in Quebec as I pointed out. It states very clearly in bold letters "AUTOPAY IS REQUIRED". Everyone that uses autopay for that plan, anywhere in the country gets it for $23 minus rewards. In Quebec if you do not use autopay you pay $25.

rogue17

I am paying $25-rewards

@rogue17 wrote:

Yes those are my rewards. Auto pay and 1 referall. I am not asking to price match. I am asking to be able to get the new price that new customers get as they will get better deal than me.

For my own knowledge, what are the better deals that new customers are getting??

@rogue17 wrote:

Yes those are my rewards. Auto pay and 1 referall. I am not asking to price match. I am asking to be able to get the new price that new customers get as they will get better deal than me.

@rogue17  No they don't get a better deal than you. The $25 plan is not $23 for new people. As I said, in Quebec it is $23 but in bold letters, Autopay is Required. Same $23 final cost for everybody on autopay.

@rogue17 wrote:

When I go to Self Serve, it does not show the new plan. I am currently paying $25 for the 1GB plan but it now costs $23 so a new member will pay less than I do. It does not show the $23 plan in self serve.

What does it show?

This is mine. Can you take a snippet of yours?

esjliv_0-1604698461799.png

rogue17

@rogue17 There is no "new $23 plan. In Quebec they advertise @$23 but also say in bold letters "Autopay is Required". Maybe post a pic of this new plan that you see.

@rogue17 wrote:

Not true. I pay $25 - $3= $22.  I can get the same plan now at Lucky for $22,

If I can not get the new $23 plan and keep my rewards than Public Mobile does not being fair to a loyal customer that has been with them longer.

@rogue17...pay attention...if you want the $25 plan and have a valid credit card or Visa debit card set to Autopay...the cost of the $25 plan is then $23 plus taxes. You get to keep whatever Rewards you're entitled to as well.

rogue17

Currently my plan is $25-$3(rewards)= $22

Lucky is $22 for the same plan and I can actually talk to someone. If I can not get the new $23 plan and keep my rewards than Public Mobile does not respect their current customers.

I was told here by a chat agent that I could get help here and my plan changed.

Hello @rogue17 ,

So is the $3 off ($2 autopay + $1 loyal or referral or community reward)?

I never heard of Public Mobile "price matching".

Try referring family or friends - you can get your plan amount even lower.

@rogue17 wrote:

If I can not get the new $23 plan and keep my rewards than Public Mobile does not being fair to a loyal customer that has been with them longer.

@rogue17 If you are getting the $25 plan for $22 why do you want to pay $23 for the same thing? I have a $25 plan that is only $23 with autopay. It's the same for everyone. Autopay equals $2 off.

rogue17

@rogue17 wrote:

When I go to Self Serve, it does not show the new plan. I am currently paying $25 for the 1GB plan but it now costs $23 so a new member will pay less than I do. It does not show the $23 plan in self serve.

The $25 is actually only $23 plus taxes when you use Autopay.

rogue17

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rogue17 

While Lucky has data benefits, overall, you will pay less with all the loyalty discounts PM offers. Now have you run into any issues that require a call in. You can just as easily post here like you have just done and we would be happy to help. I would also like to see what plan you’re referring to that’s overall cheaper than PM.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@rogue17 yes, lucky is much better if you don't take advantage of PM's rewards.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @rogue17 ,

What is your current plan? If there is a better in-market plan that suits your needs why not change to it?

Go the the "Change Plan" button under your OVERVIEW account in your SELF SERVE.

Usually recommended to change on your next renewal so you do not lose out on any $'s from your current cycle.

@rogue17 wrote:

My plan now is $2 cheaper for new customers. If I can't get this newer and cheaper plan then might as well change to Lucky Mobile. At least they have a phone number where you can talk to an agent. Also Lucky is cheaper than Public is currently offering if Public does not allow me to switch to the newer plan.

@rogue17  I don't recall any plans that are cheaper for new customers? There are plans in some regions that are advertised as the after-autopay-disocunt price. However, these plans aren't only for new customers, nor are they any different than the the ones advertised for the $2 more.

Need Help? Let's chat.