cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: APN

gravit8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I was able to send/receive mms message just last weekend..then, for no reason I can't do either.  text is fine.  I tried:
1. another messaging app - same issue, failed to send/receive
2. changed APN settings (both sets, same issue, failed to send/receive)
3. changed SIM to different phone -  same issue, failed to send/receive
4. reset network settings -  same issue, failed to send/receive
5. tried to downgrade to 3G and see -  same issue, failed to send/receive
6. rebooted phone many...many times
7. I have lots of data still on my plan, so not an issue there

At this point, I have to think it's either my account, or my SIM, or the cell network.  Someone please help.  this is super frustrating.  Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

@DC7 what phone do you have??

Now,  there might be a bit more work then simply updating.  Many confirmed that you need to delete the current APN profile first.  Then Add new profile and fill in each entry

DC7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mine stopped working again. Nothing in the APN setting has changed. Sigh.

Well, that was short-lived.

Did you figure out yours?

gravit8

Hi, I'm truy glad that you got yours working.  I put my SIM into my son's Motorola and it worked ...argh.  I have the field you're referring to and have tried the IP and the full name with the same results of no MMS working.  I thank you sincerely for posting back and helping others with your solution - good for you for not giving up! 

I will keep trying but I am as upset and angry as you were.  How does this happen suddenly?  Anyway, it sounds like we're both fighters that refuse to give up until a solution is found so I'll soldier on and have faith that it'll work out.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

DC7

OMIGOD. Okay. Well. I'm exhausted, annoyed and tired. But I finally figured it out.
It's not the OnePlus.

Everyone keeps referring to the bloody APN settings (PAGE: Changing APN Settings on Android Phones | Public Mobile) but, for me, it wasn't until I input the line for MMSC proxy (which doesn't exist in my phone) into the "MMS proxy" line, everything finally worked.

As a non-tech-savvy humanoid, everything has to be exact because I have zero idea what I'm going and how it's going to affect the delicate system inside our supercharged mini computer phones. Having a typo as MMSC definitely screws things over for me.

Jeebus.
OK. So I don't know what it's like in the OnePlus 7+ but for me, in my OnePlus 11, I just had to change the MMS proxy from an ip number to "mmscproxy.mobility.ca" and the MMS port from 80 to 8799.

I don't know if that helps you at all but I'm letting you know what worked for me.
Now I have to go change everything back in my phone since I did a system reset without losing my data. Sigh.

DC7

If you had read the other comments, then you would know I've already done this. I checked it manually and changed the port. I'm also trying to follow up with OnePlus because I was able to send MMS texts on my old phone.

Hi @DC7 

What phone you have? Did you check your APN settings?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

DC7

I changed the SIM to my old phone and the photo messaging worked just fine. It's something with the Messages app. I tested a different text app, Textra, as recommended by a friend, and photos won't go through either. Something is wrong and I have no clue what it is.

Nekura

The CS_Agent Alex helped me solve my issue!
In the APN settings the MMSC and MMSC Proxy are different than what the chatbot suggested. Once I changed it my MMS messages started working again! Settings are in the link below.
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

gravit8

You're so prompt in your replies, @softech - thank you so much.  I've followed your advice and opened a ticket.  Thanks for the info too.  Bravo points coming your way 🙂

Nekura

I'm having the same issue with my OnePlus 8T+. Everything was working great yesterday before noon. Looks like the ticket system is down so I messaged CS_Agent directly. Waiting for a reply.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gravit8 

since you click Reset all networks after your APN change, check the APN entries again

But there were people with problem even after a manual APN change and required support to step in and refresh on the system side, please open ticket with them:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

gravit8

I have a Oneplus 7+ - I just posted the same issue...did you happen to get it resolved?  I will try on a Motorola phone when my kids get home to test whether it's related to Oneplus or not.  Kindly keep me in the loop in this forum.  Thank you.

Need Help? Let's chat.