cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random texts and pics received days after been sent to me.

Bosbest
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Big delay in texts and pictures coming and going from my phone and my wife's. This is a serious issue for us. My wife's mother is hearing impaired and if she text with and emergency and We don't recieved it, that could be a life or death situation.

20 REPLIES 20

@Bosbest 

Changing plans don't require a new SIM card. All Public Mobile SIM cards are LTE-capable. Also, all Public Mobile plans have acess to the same networks. The only difference betwern the 3g and 4g plans is the limit on data speed.

@Bosbest   i doubt it is sim card.  Faulty sim card is rare, you cannot get 3 faulty at the same time  🙂

Text can be transmitted on both 3G and 4G/LTE, so, it could be a network issue if it is a general weak network in your area.   Do you notice trouble with data and voice in the area?

I saw people with text issue and support reset on the system resolved the issue.  

But you are sending between iPhone and Android, it could be problematic if iMessage was used.  Make sure you are sending via SMS or MMS

If Data or Wifi is available all the time on both ends, it is best to use app like Whatsapp, more reliable and less headache from cross platforms issue 

Bosbest

I have not. I have 3 different phones with 3 separate accounts so the odds of all 3 accounts needing a reset would be, well rare. Do you know if I need new SIM cards since the network went from 3g to 4g ?  

@Bosbest   have you reach out to PM support yet?  I wonder if they can reset your profile on the system and if it will help

Bosbest

As mentioned before, I have an android Motorola ace 5 and my wife has a apple 11. Both phones experience delays in messages with or without pictures being sent and or recieved. It's not a phone issue. 

Bosbest

So I looked at this suggestion. I have not had to do this in the past and if I turn off chat then I can't text to a group so this doesn't really work. 

poojajain

the issues will never be fixed. I tried for several years but my text messaging issues were never fixed. internet never

Their focus is always trying to justify their wrong actions so issues don't get resolved. they always give you excuses like issue could be with your phone and try changing the phone but it is not always possible for everyone to buy a new phone for this reason. I told them many times that issues are coming on my other numbers also with public mobile so issue is clearly not in the device but no use. whatever you say does not matter to them and issues are not resolved.

Now since I ported to other provider, my all those lines are working totally fine with no text messages issues and no breaking voice during calls.

I'm spending so much time here so that I can tell people who are facing issues with any services to not expect anything from public mobile and decide if you can manage with the issues in services then they can continue paying and continue the connection as I did the same for years. but if they cannot manage with issues, better they spend some time trying to find which other service provider in their area would work better for them. 

HI @Bosbest   No worry, if you really leaving PM, request porting and your account will be cancelled.   

I don't think @poojajain  problem, he didn't do it properly.  We cannot just try to close the account by "asking public mobile from november to stop auto recharge and not charge me for next month. ".      Don't follow his wrong example and you will be fine

But for your case, you don't need to move, just tell us more and maybe we can find out why  the texts not working

First, do they have iPhone or Android?

@Bosbest   

I asked them to stop auto recharge because I was not able to do that from online account myself and I knew that I’m not going to use it for next few months and I had balance in my account.

Now I logged in today after several months and I’m surprised to see that public mobile has been charging me every single month and they never stopped auto payment and I’m unable to stop that. since November till now and it has been recharged 3-4 times so far without even using the connection. 

Public mobile is literrally forcing the customers to stay with unfair things done from their side and pay extra.

@Bosbest   how to ask them to stop charging you?  Did you open ticket?  did you get a reply from them saying they did it?  

Like any service (phone, hydro, etc), you need to manage the account and make sure it is "cancelled".  You need to cancel it the right way

For PM, what you need to do is to login to My Account yourself. Go to Payment page, click Manage payment method and disable Pre-Authorized payment

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card-summaryhttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card-summary

@Bosbest wrote:

Thank You for all the info. I will look at the other carriers.  I hope my auto deposit is easily cancelled and I don't have to go through what you have been through. It's not worth it..It's just a cell phone service.

Did any troubleshoot provided here help @Bosbest ?

If not, have you submitted a ticket to customer service to see if there are issues in your area/towers?

@poojajain wrote:

Now I logged in today after several months and I’m surprised to see that public mobile has been charging me every single month and they never stopped auto payment and I’m unable to stop that. since November till now and it has been recharged 3-4 times so far without even using the connection. 

Does not sound like you are had a good experience @poojajain , sorry to hear it.

Did you say your moved all your accounts to another provider? Or, do you still have some Public Mobile accounts that are current?

What stands out for me in your post is, your comment "Now I logged in today after several months ".

• If you ported this phone number/account to another provider, then you should NOT even have have access to your online My Account. So did you activate with a different number with a new provider?

• Or, did you think you removed AUTOPAY, and are still being charged? 

edit, missing important word for accuracy.

Bosbest

Thank You for all the info. I will look at the other carriers.  I hope my auto deposit is easily cancelled and I don't have to go through what you have been through. It's not worth it..It's just a cell phone service.

poojajain

@Bosbest   I think if you port to any other provider, the issue will be resolved. I'm saying this because I was facing same issue with public mobile and I was unable to send picture messages at all. Here is what happened with me.

I used public mobile for almost 5 years for myself and all my family members thinking that there will not be issue of extra bill so I can just setup my credit card for payments. But I always used to have issues with text messages and even after multiple complaints, issues were not resolved. First if all, the way public mobile communicate is extremely slow time taking process and they do several emails asking to verify account again and again during the same complaint. After trying that several times, I did not had more energy and patience to keep sending messages and spent that much time so I continued without messages for 4-5 years. But there were other issues as well. Then I ported out my other lines to Bell, Rogers & virgin plus and no issue with any of those lines. 

They don’t give referral bonus until customer send several emails about it. Lot of customers are facing issues with text messages but they don’t fix it and they give hard time to customers asking to verify again and again.

For this account, I have been asking public mobile from november to stop auto recharge and not charge me for next month. I sent several emails about that but still any action was not taken. I asked them to stop auto recharge because I was not able to do that from online account myself and I knew that I’m not going to use it for next few months and I had balance in my account.

Public mobile is literrally forcing the customers to stay with unfair things done from their side and pay extra. I don't understand how can any company do that. They can make profit in short term by doing such things but in the long run, they are going to loose the customers as every person has a limit. 

I was using public mobile for all my family members but I just could not afford to spend so much energy asking for the issues and dealing with them.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

To add what @softech suggested...

If you are android users and your Chat Features setting is on, then I suggest you turn that off, as it requires wifi or data to send/receive texts.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

@Bosbest wrote:

If it continues, I will switch to bell or Rogers. We can't have these issues. 

@Bosbest   Telus and Bell share the same network.  Text and Pics uses 4G network, so , you might not get any difference for going with Bell

One thing, are you sending true SMS or MMS or are you using iMessage or RCS?

Chat-SMS.png

IMessage or RCS needs mobile data or Wifi, if the data or wifi turned off by accident , it could be the reason

Check the colour of the messages you sent and you can confirm if that is true SMS or not

Bosbest

We have been customers for many years. We have had this issue 2 or 3 times over the last 6 months. My wife had 5 texts come through this morning at the same time. All were sent to her 2 days ago. Phone works fine but texts are unreliable and with her Mom being deaf and with serious health issues, We cant take that many chances. We need to trust the carrier.

@Bosbest - How long were you both customers with public mobile for?

If still issues after all the troubleshooting, before you think about switching ask representatives if there are issues with towers in your area.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

You can also go to the bottom of the Community page to submit a ticket with Customer Support using the SIMon Chatbot option.

Bosbest

Thanks. I will try all your suggestions. We have one apple 11 phone and one Motorola ace. Problems are on both phones so it's likely a network issue from Telus. If it continues, I will switch to bell or Rogers. We can't have these issues. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It could service in your area has outages. When did you start to experience this issue?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bosbest - sounds like possible network issues/delays. Or your device needs a refresher on the network.

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*try your SIM card into another compatible phone...this could rule out a device issue/setting.

edit, keep these handy to check for outages in your area:

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus

https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/ 

Are other people around you having the same issues (either with Public Mobile or another provider?)

Need Help? Let's chat.